Saturday, December 28, 2013

Gingerbread

So...the Parker Meridian hotel has an incredible display of gingerbread buildings made by famous New York bakeries on display in their lobby so we decided to check it out. But, then Ever Knight fell asleep in the stroller (after refusing to take a nap) so I had to wake him up (because by this time it was way too close to bedtime for a nap) so things kind of got off to a rocky start. I mean, I look like I'm having fun but Ever, well, I don't think he was flailing backwards for kicks and giggles. Luckily he quickly realized that he was surrounded by sugar and that put him in a much better mood.

Everett's favorite gingerbread "house" was the Empire State Building.

Talmage, on the other hand, was on Team Daddy and voted for the Chrysler Building.
 

I loved all of the gingerbread creations, but I have to admit that my favorite moment of the evening was seeing a footy-pajama clad Everett look at all the gingerbread cookie ornaments on that gigantic tree. He thought it was pretty magical, and I did too.

Our plan was to decorate our own gingerbread village when we returned home that night, but the boys were both feeling a little yucky and did I mention, no naps for Thing 2, so we decided to work our magic on our mini-houses the next day.

Talmage was a very deliberate decorator. It was loads of fun watching him put pieces in the perfect order to make them "so, so beautiful!"

Everett pretended to decorate his house when I looked in his direction, but mostly he was just shoveling candy into his little trap, and flashing that flirty smile whenever I told him that he shouldn't eat any more!

This was one of Talmage's finished houses. See what I mean about how nice they turned out! He kept talking about patterns and how he wanted it to look even, and he was so proud of his finished work!

No comments:

Post a Comment