Thursday, December 19, 2013

We like to party. We like, we like to party.

Life has been one party after another around here. T's normal question of the day: "What fun things have you planned for today?" has been replaced by: "What party are we going to today?" Because seriously, we've had a lot of them. Don't you just love December sometimes?
 
My camera didn't visit all the events of late, but she was there for some of the fun. Thank goodness.   
 
We decorated mounds of cookies at our playgroup book exchange party. Talmage opted to eat the whole cookie instead of just licking off the frosting. Wow, he must be growing up!

Everett ate a HUGE spoonful of sprinkles while I took out my camera. I didn't notice until after this picture was taken, but if you look closely his little chipmunk cheeks are full of green super crystals!

When I wouldn't let him repeat the spoonful of sugar incident our party was transferred to the hallway where he looked like this for a little bit^^^

The presents all looked so pretty! Every family brought a Christmas book and everyone came home with one. We brought "How Dinosaurs Say Merry Christmas." My boys are obsessed with those dinosaur books!

This is the book we got--a classic that I am thrilled to add to our collection!

We had a Christmas breakfast with the members of our church. The decorations by the youth were fabulous and the food was yummy.  

My two favorite parts are pictured above: 1) The brass band playing Christmas songs and 2) the primary children singing Rudolph. See that little red-nosed Talmage!

Santa also showed up at the party. T immediately noticed that this Santa's suit was much redder and beard was much whiter (and faker) than the previous Santa we saw. Thus, we had a long conversation about Santa's merry city elves!

I don't have pictures from this last week's parties, but boy they've been good! I did find a picture of a fruit tree we made for one of them though...my picture priorities sometimes astound me ;) I'm grateful for all of the love and holiday cheer we've shared with friends so far this season, it makes being away from our family during this fun time less lame!

2 comments:

  1. I just love your little family! Merry Christmas to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I'm not the only one not going home for Christmas. My whole family is in TX celebrating, and I'm home. Can be quite depressing but I love how busy you're staying ! That helps

    ReplyDelete