Sunday, March 22, 2015

My 3 Little Leprechauns


We keep St. Patty's day simple in the Wiggy abode. I'm all about green meals and green clothes and maybe even a green clover drawn on some chunky cheeks, but the only leprechauns in our home on March 17th were these three--because all I need is another little person coming around making messes! The kiddies had a great day, mostly because who doesn't love a mid-week holiday--especially one that includes eating bowl after bowl of Lucky Charms for breakfast! The best part for me was eating Irish stew over mashed potatoes for dinner and trying to convince the laughing little boys that my Irish accent was totally legit because I'm a McKee. (Shall I quote my Dad, "Heather, that is THE WORST Irish accent I have ever heard!" Hahah!) Second favorite moment of the day was after dinner when we cranked up some tunes and Talmage taught us the Irish jig he has been learning at school. That little boy wouldn't even tap his toe before going to school and now all of a sudden he's teaching us Irish jigs!!!

Like I said, Lucky Charms for the win. The boys also really loved their green lunches--grapes, cucumbers, dehydrated peas, applesauce and pb&h shaped like a clover. I'm pretty sure I through a few skittles in there too, wouldn't want to get too healthy on a holiday!

These two partied hard at our preschool Patty party. I am friends with some of the most talented women I know so Everett had a ridiculous amount of fun, learned a lot and was sent home with a green hat and green popcorn, an accordion leprechaun with his sweet mug glued on the head and little gold coins that he fished out of rainbow-dyed rice. I mean, how could this holiday get any better? 

When we got home from picking up T-Man later that afternoon I decided that Quinn probably needed a picture documenting her first St. Patrick's Day--so here you go Quinn, for the baby book!

And then Talmage asked if he could take a Mommy-Daughter picture of us and before I knew it he had put his finger firmly on the trigger and I had about 50 pictures that look more or less just like this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment