Thursday, May 28, 2015

Field Trips with my little Mister

I love being involved with T's kindergarten class--seriously love it! There was a time after Quinn was born that I had to take a backseat in field tripping since siblings aren't allowed to attend (they are able to go to the classroom, so luckily I could always go in there to help and play) but now that Quinny is older and easier I feel comfortable leaving her and Ever Knight with a sitter so I can spend some special time with my favorite Mr. T! It also used to kill me to spend so much dinero on a babysitter when I wasn't going on a date with James, but I've realized recently that I'm willing to shell out for a sitter so that I can feel involved in T's life and school--something that's more important to me than I ever realized would be. My MIL often says that it's not a problem if you can throw money at it, and this is one example where that is totally true. I hope my Talmage always remembers the fun times we had exploring NYC with his classmates; I know I will.

We went on a neighborhood walking tour looking at each store and determining whether the things they sell were wants or needs. My favorite comment of the trip was when Talmage said, "The AT&T store is definitely a need because if my mom didn't have a cell phone she couldn't order groceries from Google Shopping Express. Can you imagine how tired she would be if she had to go to Costco everyday?!" We randomly walked by a friend during the field trip and she snapped this picture which I totally love!

Kinder-friends!



Last week we went to the Swedish Cottage in Central Park to watch a marionette show of Jack and the Beanstalk. These kids are all so grateful and fun and were laughing themselves silly through the whole show, it is always so much fun going on adventures with them.


      
Talmage-boy has been learning Flamenco as part of a PTA-funded program called Lincoln Center Education (LCE). All the kindergarten classes wore different colors and then did a whole dance recital with all the moves they learned. Holy hannah it was adorable chaos! 

We all wore yellow to support our T and the kids in his class (James has a yellow tie on under that baby!) Not a child is looking at the camera, but gosh I love that little family of ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment