Wednesday, May 20, 2015

R-r-r-randoms!

I'm playing c-c-c-c-catch up with my phone pictures, so this blog is going to be pretty r-r-r-r-random. I have absolutely no clue why I felt the need to stutter through that statement but there you go, an introduction to this blog post just as eclectic as the lot of pictures I'm about to dump. But this is life lately: crazy, silly, busy and "normal" but at the same time awesome and beautiful. I'm so grateful for my T, Ever Knight and Quinny-girl and the great adventures we go and do and see each day (not to mention the ultimate adventure of being their mom). 

Life lately, from the phone:  

Ever wonder how I do laundry? Well, I take these two carts from the basement, fill them a mile high with clothes and then make 100 trips up and down the elevators until my couch is sufficiently covered with a weeks-worth of laundry. It turns out that our elevator is teeny tiny though, so the kids end up riding in the carts when they're empty and on huge piles of clothes when they're filled. I only do laundry once a week but every time I curse the whole process and long for the day when I own a washing machine. #keepingitreal I do realize that some of my friends live in walk-ups and have to go to a laundromat and that's way worse, but still.

Big teeth and a little mouth means a pulled tooth at the dentist and a referral to the orthodontist. The tooth fairy is going broke on this boy, but I fear his parents will take the real blow when he becomes our first little brace face!

Preschool!!! We're reviewing the letters since we finished the whole alphabet and this was one of our D activities--a giant dino puzzle. The kids were super into reading about dinosaurs, singing about dinosaurs, playing with dinosaurs and becoming dinosaurs themselves!

To the left, to the left: A shopping trip to H&M turned into a surprise concert by Josh Groban. And on the right: the boys finally faced their fears and used the hand dryers in a public restroom and laughed their way through the whole thing!

These little Picasso's learned about the artist and flowers!

On the left: I mean, does this even need an explanation? As seen on the streets of NYC. And on the right: another brilliant StreetEasy sign!

QUINN!!!!

Mother's Day dinner and Everett's sad face when he found out Mema was not going to fly out for his birthday.

And picnic season has officially begun. Oh, I love warm evenings in Central Park!

Ever Knight and his friend Fina trying on clothes while their mom's shopped and gabbed.

Who needs a TV when you have a Quinny to entertain you. This girl could not be more loved! On the left is when we made her play headbandz with us, and on the right is when she fell asleep during dinner.

Ever's preschool letters. Good job buddy!!!

Monkey.

Happy birthday to me with some friends. It was so nice to be out!

I always take pictures of Honschar's work around the UWS because I love his handwriting and the quotes he chooses, but this time I thought it only fitting to put my golden girl on the sidewalk right next to this inspirational quote. I hope Quinn always knows that she can do anything, ANYTHING, she dreams possible, and that I'll always be her biggest cheerleader. I love that baby girl so much my heart aches. {Side-story: I once met Honschar as I was rushing somewhere with the kids and I told him how much I loved his work and he asked if I wanted him to write the kids names in chalk and I was in so much of a hurry that I thanked him but declined and ran off. I'm sure wherever I was going was really important because I'm usually the type of person to stop and make a memory, but I'm still bummed over that missed opportunity. I keep hoping I bump into him again.}

No comments:

Post a Comment