Thursday, May 21, 2015

Roommate Reunioning

What happens when your BYU roomies turned master photographers come into town for a little reunioning? You get about 100 million selfies from monkey arms here and only a slight hope that the ladies behind the lens(es) documented the events of this awesome trip better than me! It was so nice to see these friends after a {way too} long absence and spend some time reconnecting, laughing over old memories, discussing mothering theories, making book recommendations, eating everything in sight and running around the city like I haven't done since my single days. I thought I was lucky 10 years ago to party hardy with these girls through college but now I am even more grateful to become mothers by their side and learn from their amazing examples and unique perspectives (and who am I kidding, still party with them!) Britt had to cancel at the last moment (we missed you desperately B) and Ash and Alicia couldn't make it either (darn wedding) but we made the most of our time with the four of us and luckily Brittney photo-shopped herself into just about every picture we took so our posterity will think she was there! 

Oh did we eat! Levain vs. Jacques Torres cookie contest (winner Levain, clearly). Max Brenner. Bar Pitti. Stardust Cafe. Dough and Doughnut Plant. Shake Shack. Grimaldi's. Yum and I think I'll be full until November!

Times Square super, super, super late selfie. You wouldn't have known by our uber-mature behavior that there are 10 1/2 kids between us!


We saw two broadway shows and a Jazz concert at Lincoln Center. The absolute best thing we did was see Finding Neverland. I couldn't recommend it more. We laughed and cried and liked it so much that we stalked the actors at the stage door for pictures and autographs. It was amazing and I'd see it again in a heartbeat. {In fact, we were hoping that we could just sit right back down and see it again after they took their final bow.}

 See what I mean? Look at those babes behind their cameras. I seriously didn't even touch my camera the whole time they were here because I knew they had it covered. It's so great to have talented friends!

We also went to Top of the Rock. It was my first time and the view is killer! I like that they have plexi glass windows instead of wire so that the view is unobstructed. This city is remarkable and I was reminded on top of that building how lucky I feel to live here and how much I love to share it with special friends. 

Quinny joined us for a few of our city adventures and was such a good girl. She loves to smile and make friends and we rarely passed anyone who didn't want to ooh and ahh over her cuteness. I can tell that she and I are going to love our girls trips when we get older!

Marcelle is truly beautiful inside and out and it was so fun to see her and her cute pregnant tummy. It's hard to believe that we were randomly made roommates in Heritage Halls 12 years ago (12 years? Seriously?) because we started talking and we both remembered details about each other's life and it felt like just yesterday that we were running to class from Fugal Hall. I made her take these belly shots with Belvedere Castle because she's gorgeous and the morning was gorgeous and that baby is one lucky little guy to have her as his Mama! 

I don't have pictures of everything but we went to the Met, walked the Highline and perused Chelsea Market, ate pizza in Brooklyn and then admired the cityscape from the pier, explored Central Park and shopped a little throughout the city. 
                                          Serious selfie action...again and again and again! 

Next reunion: glamping with our outdoor adventure extraordinaire Tiff!!! Can't wait ladies, just can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment