Friday, May 8, 2015

Utah according to "Can"

I've been trying to be better about bringing out my Cannon as opposed to my smart phone. To be honest, I don't know what I'm doing with either in regards to getting a good picture, but I'm enjoying playing with the camera and capturing memories we make as a family. My main concern is that we keep a record of our family so I'd sketch a picture with chalk of our activities if I had to...but luckily we have a camera and my posterity won't have to play pictionary!

May is always a big month in the McKee family and this year there was even more to celebrate because my Mom turned 50 and I turned 30 (not to mention Avery turning 3, Ash 27 and Mother's Day too!) The whole family met in Utah for a big 50th celebration/family reunion for my Mom. It's always great to have the family together but this time was even better because Ash and Jord both own homes on the same street in Provo so we were able to run barefoot in backyards of green grass and play with cousins and eat good food and kick up our feet for hours on end. I've never wanted to live in Utah but I'm not going to lie, seeing my babies play with my other babies (AKA my nephews and nieces) made me want to buy the house exactly between those siblings of mine! It was a glorious long weekend and it left me grateful for the wonderful family I have, especially the angelic Mother we were celebrating who has made our family everything that it is. 

So, without further adieu, our Utah vacation in approximately 43 pictures (give or take?!) You'll probably notice that most of these pictures are of my little nieces and nephews and there is a really good explanation--I am totally, completely and utterly obsessed with those little people. Love them like my own, and that's no lie! Utah has a big old piece of my aunty heart! 

The Payson Temple Open House was happening when we were in Utah and Ash got us all tickets. The boys karate-chopped their way through that holy place, but there were a few times they asked poignant questions and listened just long enough to learn a new concept so I think it was a win. One thing is for sure, I loved being in that temple! It is absolutely beautiful.

The temple-viewing crew!

I know, right? The most beautiful family ever!

#familiesareforever #hopefullyawkwardsmilesarenot

Mad is hands-down THE most photogenic person I've ever met in my life--so, so beautiful, that girl. And Lucy Goosey is the sweetest little butterball.

Per tradition, Quinn decided to break her happy streak and scream right as a triplet picture was being taken. And look at Lucy's ninja pose!!!

Avers was my best little friend all weekend long. At the end of our stay she came to me crying because she wanted to go on the plane with me. I thought about shoving her in my carry-on and running for dear life but feared her Mom would miss her way too much. We all love our Avers a whole heck of a lot!

Hooray! Hooray! We were so excited that Kate was back at BYU and we could spend the weekend with her after 18 long months apart. She was an amazing missionary in Japan and the Japanese people were lucky to have her, but we're pretty excited that we get our Chaya back for cuddles, games and so much love. This was the first time Quinny-girl met her amazing auntie!

Creamery burgers and ice cream crew (X2 because we lack a selfie stick or tripod!)

Forget the ice cream, I want to eat these sweet babies!

Kai dropped his ice cream and was such a good sport about it that Heddy had to come to the rescue with another scoop to share! I get all sappy with this boy because he made me an aunt for the first time almost 5 years ago...how has it already been 5 years? I love these pictures of me and my lovey! 

A walk around BYU was definitely in order.

Beautiful Mema and Luc.

James y Talmage at the James E. Talmage. Gosh, I think I'm clever!

Our little Ever Knight at the Jesse Knight. 

Mema's birthday celebration with the grandkids at the park. 

Jord and Mad got Mom that amazing Cinco de Mayo cake and it was super fun (and delicious). 
Donut eating contest. Ev was quickly throwing a tantrum (only to be appeased when Aunt Ash handed him a donut sans string), Avers gave up in point two, but boy Kai and T were into that game!

Cute Quinny with her Pepa and Mema.

Painted baby toes!!!!!

The prettiest sister and sweetest baby that every existed. I love these pictures so much!

Too bad we don't live in an age where cousins can get married because these are just the sweetest engagement shots ever!

Baby Wink Wink is almost never sad, which somehow makes his slightly sad pictures all the cuter.

The 50-year-old model eating her taco cake!

Uncle Jordan is always down to entertain the children--this time it was by becoming a streamer ninja turtle!


How can this be? Avers is THREE!!! We went down by the river and took a few pictures of her cute birthday dress. 

That baby and his smiles make my heart melt.

Little Goose...love that baby girl!

How can we not close out this photo-dump with a picture of the triplets? Seeing them naked made me realize how truly skinny Quinny is (and chunky Wucy is) and what gorgeous skin Linc has. I love these three so much--they're lucky to have each other!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIs. How special you all can be together!! You have the most beautiful family. Love my McKees!!

    ReplyDelete