Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Spring in Central Park...Finally!

To tell you the truth I thought that spring might just never come. Here we are at the very end of April and just now I'm looking outside and thinking, "We've done it! We've made it! That ugly, ugly Winter is gone!" Unfortunately we've had a few days in the 30's and 40's this last week so our coats and jackets aren't packed away just yet...but at least the flowers are blooming and trees are blossoming and things are generally looking less dark and dreary outside! And that glorious sunshine that I've missed so much--delicious for the soul. Last Sunday we went on a stroll through Central Park after church and I couldn't help but snap pictures right and left of this beautiful place we get to call home.

 
Every Sunday when the weather is nice we stop and admire the hip-hop skaters dancing to loud beats by the bandshell. Some weeks we'll join them (sans skates) and dance until my boys are either embarrassed by my moves or hysterically laughing. This was the first time we've seen them since last fall and it made me giddy to hear their music as we inched our way down the hill by Sheep Meadow.

Are you kidding me right now? How beautiful are these babies?!

We kind of went a little crazy with all the statues because, again, we've been caged animals all winter long and this taste of freedom walking through the park was amazing. Also, T's smile is so real that I just want to remember it forever. Smiling for pictures is not his forte, but how cute does he look atop Balto the Wonder-dog?

I kept asking James if Spring was more beautiful this year than last. "I think this might be the most beautiful Spring I have ever seen in my whole life!" I'd annoyingly say over and over again. And then I'd beg him to agree with me. "It is right? Isn't it? Have you ever seen anything this lovely? No--last year couldn't have been this magnificent!" He agrees with me (of course!) that Spring in the city is breathtaking, but he also thinks that the llllooooooonnnnnnnggggg winter is playing games with my head (because supposedly last spring was quite awesome as well and supposedly I said it was the prettiest I had ever seen too). So, the story I'm now sticking too is that last year's spring was the most beautiful until this year showed it up. Makes sense, right?

Oh my heavens, that's pretty!

Quinny wanted to eat every cherry blossom in arms reach!

Me and my girl (who is not wearing tights for the first time ever--worth documenting!)

The Wiggy Women.

I couldn't help but snap pictures of the sunlight shining through the blossoms. I love the sun so much! I feel like such a nicer, healthier, happier person when I can feel a little sunshine on my body.

I love these Central Park signs!

Alice and Wonderland and a couple of excited city boys with helmets!

Everett fell in love with this little mouse on the statue and parked himself beside it for soooo long. You'd think a kid who has seen his fair share of rodents on the subway would not be impressed by the one in bronze, but he actually thought it was pretty dang cool! For my part, I just think he's adorable.

And on the walk home, our Sheep Meadow!!! If this first real walk of the season is any indication of how the next few months are going to be then there is only goodness and happiness and beauty in our future. Welcome Spring...us Wiggy's love you so much!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I can tell through your writing how healing and happy the sunshine is to your soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I can tell through your writing how healing and happy the sunshine is to your soul!

    ReplyDelete