Saturday, April 11, 2015

The dreamiest scooter riders



Tonight I was in the kitchen burning bacon and sneaking the boys yellow Easter peeps when I started thinking about life with these sweet little babies of mine. Quinn was gagging down carrots and avocados, the boys were fighting over legos, the fire alarm started blaring--our family's sign that dinner is done--and I don't know why, but in that crazy normal moment I was so grateful for this simple little life I lead, fighting kids and all!

Just yesterday my boys got their scooters out for the first time in months. It's still bitter cold outside and we were wearing far too many layers for a Spring Break day, but by darn we were outside scooting to the park, wearing sunglasses no less. They looked so adorable I couldn't help but snap picture after picture as we waited at the crosswalk on 70th and Columbus. Our sweet friend who owns the dry-cleaning shop on that corner came out to ooh and ah over my shoulder and commented that she too would be taking countless pictures if they were her little people. The cabs were whizzing by and the buildings were so colorful and bright and boy, I had myself a true "I'm so lucky to be a New Yorking Mother" moment. I am lucky, blessed really, and well aware that my life mostly rocks.

4 comments:

  1. I love those little scooter boys! I have fun memories of sprinting full speed after them as they whizzed down the atreet! Those babies really know how to scoot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those little scooter boys! I have fun memories of sprinting full speed after them as they whizzed down the atreet! Those babies really know how to scoot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Heather! Your grandmother Barbara is a friend of mine. I, now, see why she sings your praises. Your blog is so sweet!<3 I must check back regularly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, that is so nice! And please visit our blog often and adventure with us! Give my Noni a hug for me!

      Delete