Thursday, April 23, 2015

When Daddy Leaves Town

The second Daddy mentions going out of town one of my kids say they don't feel good and then proceed to be sick until he returns. This time it was Quinn, who woke up with a 102 degree fever on the morning James was leaving for Florida. I thought for sure she had an ear infection so I took her to the doctor who sent me home with a very hot baby who looked absolutely fine (except for being miserable because of the fever). Four days later her fever spiked at 104.5 before finally breaking while she took a fitful morning nap. I was so happy that the fever broke until I saw little bubbles on the roof of her mouth, and on her tummy, and pretty soon her whole entire body was covered with a horrible red rash. Roseola strikes again! We're no strangers to this fever virus, but Quinn took it to a new extreme by having the rash EV-ER-Y-WHERE! The worst part was that the rash was in her mouth and down her throat which made our already bad eater an even worse eater. Poor baby girl hasn't caught a break this winter. 

 Believe it or not, this is when the rash wasn't looking all that bad. Yowzers!

And this picture just cracks me up. I was trying to take a picture of her rashy body and everytime I moved her she'd put her face right in the camera lens. Silly Sue, that one.

Not that I'm bitter or anything, but while I stared at rashes all week, James sat on his balcony and saw this:

 
and this:

Isn't that amazing?! I wish we could have tagged along on either of his Miami trips this year. But I'm glad he had so much time to enjoy this gorgeous, gorgeous place.

        
In other, lighter news: I got my hair did and then re-did when it came out a little orangier than I had hoped. I feel silly calling myself a blonde when my sister and mom are true blondes, but I'm a little more beach-ready now. {Now if I could only get to a beach!} 

When Daddy was gone, Spring arrived. We had our first ice cream Friday of the season and the boys both chose Spiderman popsicles. Everett has his ice cream eating form down pat--look at that head tilt! And really? How cute is that kid!

Believe it or not that picture on the left is Talmage trying to smile in earnest, and is Everett flipping off the camera?! It's a hard knock life for a mom wanting cute pictures of her kiddos! I LOVE that the weather is getting warmer. LOVE IT!!!

Mr. T lost his 3rd tooth while Dad was away. And by lost, I mean I pulled it out of his head just like the other two because his roots were being stubborn for weeks and driving us all crazy! He was excited and the tooth fairy delivered another $1 to the darling!

I've had a few little celebrity sightings lately (I kind of don't think this happened the week James was gone because I didn't leave the house at all that week, but the pictures are here so here you go!) On the left, Mitt Romney playing some volleyball at the church gym and on the right, Paul Blart Mall Cop on his segway riding around the UWS!

Because we were stuck in the house with a sick Miss Quinn, Ever Knight and I did a whole lot of looking at each other. He is getting funnier by the second, like when he tucked his shirt into his pants and asked me to take a picture of him doing a silly wave. I laughed so hard at that Mr. Rogers wannabe I nearly choked. Also lately he's obsessed with glasses and it doesn't matter who they belong to if he sees them he puts them on. Far right--him wearing some old glasses of mine in TJ's. Love that boy.

 We're glad James had fun and got a lot accomplished on his work trip, but mostly we were so glad he came home safe and sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment