Wednesday, September 27, 2017

A weekend with MePa

My parents came down to LA for a long weekend over my brother Chase's birthday and even though the schedule was jam-packed with school events, soccer games, social engagements (always a party at the wigs, ha!) and work we still fit in a whole lot of celebrating, a whole lot of good food and a whole lot of fun (and for my Dad, a whole lot of handyman projects).

What we lack in photographic evidence of our adventures we make up for in checks off of my never-ending honey-do list for this wonderful old house. I'll admit it, I'm a little underwater these days and that list just kept getting longer and longer with no end or help in sight so it was amazing to put my Dad to work and get so much accomplished. Indeed I may say my anxiety has gone down a notch or three knowing that the bathroom door can now actually be shut, the girls doorknobs won't be falling off in my hands again, the shattered light fixture in the boys closet has been replaced and electricity restored and the toilet in my bathroom is beautiful and new. And that was just what he did on Friday.

Other notables from this visit were a Friday Ice Cream day full of friends, a soccer-filled Saturday for the boys and their cheerleaders, Chase's birthday celebration with food enough to feed an army that we somehow demolished in two sittings, a tour of Chase's big-shot LA job-site, a stake service auction where I pretty much wrote my name down for every silent auction item and won quite a few, a super fast run for James and Mom through Cheviot Hills where they logged 150 flights of stairs, a trip for MePa and the babies to the same museum where T was on a field trip (but no surprise encounters much to both of their chagrin) and a special trip to Disneyland for me and Quinny made possible by MePa's generous babysitting skills.

It was a full trip but somehow didn't feel full enough or long enough and when Tuesday morning rolled around and Quinny found out they were leaving she produced the most primal, grief-stricken scream that I've ever heard from her. We are mourning hard-core over here and not afraid to show it. We can't wait for the next time they come visit us and hope it's super soon!  

Friday Ice Cream day is always our favorite day!

Post-soccer, post-run, posed posse on our front porch.

Service Auction Carnival Pictures Below (Read: Mostly Kids With Sugar!)




I bought my dad this hat and he LOVED it so much--I'm not being sarcastic at all!!!

T being the best oldest cousin ever on our Sunday walk, pushing Hunter on the scooter for blocks and blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment