Wednesday, September 20, 2017

HAMILTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's nothing much to say except that my dream of two plus years came true in Hollywood on September 9th--JAMES AND I SAW HAMILTON! I had to "wait for it" and luckily I didn't throw away "my shot" (even though resale on my tickets had potential to make me bank) so when I was finally in the "room where it happened" holy hannah was I grateful to be "satisfied"!

OK, OK, I'll "take a break" from the Hamilton references. Or maybe I won't and they'll keep coming at you "non-stop"! Oh geez, I can't help myself. 

I've been listening to the Hamilton soundtrack on repeat for years now and I have every word to every song memorized. I'm obsessed, really truly obsessed, so when a member of the ward helped me secure tickets a few months ago I couldn't quit the giddiness and I've been anxiously awaiting the day ever since.

The show did not disappoint and the actors definitely knew how to "blow us all away". I was nervous that there would be a letdown because I had hyped it so much in my head but actually seeing the characters interact and dance and their facial expressions brought the songs to life even more than they already were. Mark my words, I'll be telling "the story of tonight" for years to come. 





We started with our favorite Japanese place on Sawtelle, Hayama. I love me a California roll, especially at Happy Hour!






As King George sang "You'll be back" I couldn't help but think, I hope so! (For me going to Hamilton, clearly not for America going to Europe!) Oh what a beautiful, wonderful moment in time and one I wouldn't mind repeating again and again, even if only in pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment