Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Natural History and the Science Center

We had a day off of school and while the original plan was to go to the beach, the kids vetoed it in favor of a day spent museum hopping. There are few things I love more than a day by the water, but I think those little chicks of mine knew best in this instance. I mean, for one thing we were in the middle of a total heatwave in LA and 8 hours in museums meant 8 hours with free A/C--cha ching! Also, you don't have to wear sunscreen in a museum and not having to lather their bodies was such a gift to me you can't even imagine. Oh, and then there was the awesomeness of the Natural History Museum and the Science Center shared first with our McKissick friends and then our McKee cousins. I love that my boys can go to school and learn and grow but goodness it's nice adventuring with them by my side. I'm such a Summer Mom, I guess some things never change. 

We love friends! We love museums! We love days off of school!


Obviously this little exhibit hit home for me in the very worst way. Ugh!
We respect you...NOW GO AWAY!!!


Quinny only wanted one thing out of our museum visit, and she got it when she spotted a picture of her beloved Cheetah in the mammal area. That girl LOVES cheetahs!

These are probably the LOUDEST children in an elevator ever. So loud, SO LOUD!

The only thing that could make this fountain better is a free pass at jumping on in!


I just love these two pictures of my babies, especially little Coco always trying to escape!


T wanted to ride the bike in the sky and he said it was scary and awesome. I remember doing this as a kid in a children's museum in Seattle so it was fun to see him do it.

We were so glad that Chase, Meghan and Hunter met up with us after Chase was off of work, especially to see the Endeavour. Spaceships and space travel and space in general fascinates me and so this was really neat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment