Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Quinny: Our Preschool Graduate




At the beginning of this school year Quinny was moved up from the Early Learners class to the Pre-K class so that she could be with all of her little church friends. She misses the cut-off for Kindergarten by a month and even though I knew she'd thrive in the older class, I had the typical mom-worry for weeks that I had made the wrong choice. (Why do we do that to ourselves sometimes?) The good news is, I didn't! My sparkly, sunshiney Quinn had the most fantastic year in Pre-K and even though all her friends will be going to Kinder and she'll be heading to TK, she is excited to go to a big kid school next year with them and I'm forever grateful for all that she's learned this year and how much joy preschool has brought into her life. Her teachers were angels, she had wonderful friends and as an added bonus, she loved me 1,000 times more after spending a little time apart. A few weeks ago we had a little preschool graduation for her and her friends and it was darling. So proud of our little graduate!

"Hi, my name is Quinn and I'm four years old. When I grow up I want to be a police or a fireman."

Baby besties with matching flowers!

Oh how I love this little Mama!

This was right before she started tackling Carson, haha!

These three are so talented and I'm grateful for the time, energy and effort they put into teaching and loving my baby. Teacher Shane always made Quinny laugh by pretending to eat her food (and arms!), Teacher Rama taught Quinny so many manners, like saying hello to an adult when you enter the room, and Teacher Sandra knew and loved Quinn for the athletic, strong, bright kid that she is. They all have a gift of seeing these kids at their best and I love them for it.

Coco was the best little date to graduation. Crazy to think that she'll be at Quinny's school next year and Quinn will be with the boys. My kids are getting so big, so soon.

Love you Quinny Cat, congrats on your first graduation of many!

No comments:

Post a Comment