Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A very merry un-birthday...and a real one too!

A very merry un-birthday, to who?
To him!
Rob's half birthday was yesterday, and since we are always looking for more reasons to have a party we decided to celebrate the big day!

The Ellises and Lewises came over (although I didn't get any pics of Katherine or Verlan) and we ate Mexican food, played games, and laughed really, really hard. We LOVE these guys!
And of course no half birthday would be complete without a half of a birthday cake! No, this picture was not taken after we all feasted. I made 2 9" rounds, cut them in half and made a four story delicious yellow cake. What a fun night!

We're on a birthday kick this week! These two (Sister Larsson and Tommy) celebrated their birthdays with us tonight. She is 24 and he is 26. Isn't that so random that a missionary and an investigator have the same b-day?
The sisters called last week asking if I could make dinner for Sister L's birthday. I asked about her favorite food (wanting to make her special day that much specialer) and she said spaghetti. Spaghetti? Really? All the options in the world and she picked spaghetti? Anyway, I ended up making homemade spaghetti and meatballs (thanks to Pioneer Woman's recipe) and it was pretty good. Everyone liked it.
I tried out the cupcake pan Honey gave me for Christmas and it worked so well. The sisters were SO excited. It was hilarious to see all three of them (4 if you count Tommy and 5 if you count Jim) grab their cameras and photograph their dessert! What a fun reaction. Sister Larsson told us that in Sweden the birthday person always cuts the first slice of cake for themself.
Although Tommy's home country (Nigeria) doesn't share that tradition, he decided to have some fun and cut himself the next slice. Happy birthday to you both!
Next up...
Happy Birthday to this little monkey!

4 comments:

  1. I'm in love with every event that you just had! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How freaking awesome is that half cake?? Also, your kid has just as many teeth as my almost 2-year-old... I'm a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your house is party central! And your 1/2 birthday cake is WAY cool! I might steal that idea someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling post! I need to learn from you and take pictures more often. You will always remember so much of your time here in Cambridge because you are so good at documenting all of the memories!

    ReplyDelete