Monday, October 11, 2010

Apple-Picking

A group of us stay-at-home-moms decided to take our kiddies on a sweet trip into Connecticut to pick apples and enjoy the breath-taking fall foliage. As someone who grew up going to Apple Hill (an incredible apple orchard about an hour out of Sac-town) at least once a year, I was SO beyond stoked to have a similar experience out here. I had never been apple-picking (only apple-tasting at Apple Hill) so this was a new, fun, worthwhile experience.

The lot of us...minus Melissa and Eisley who somehow weren't present when the picture was snapped. I don't think any of the children are actually looking at the camera...asi es la vida, huh?

Eisley and T, as always, were inseperable. They loved riding around in this wagon together and were totally content as long as the other was with them. But as soon as one decided to make a break for it, the other quickly followed.

There was a pumpkin patch at the bottom of the hill so these crazies ran around before getting on the tractor which took us to the top. (I have an awesome video of T and E dancing to head, shoulders, knees and toes with Eisely pointing to T's head, shoulders, etc. instead of her own. They were both laughing so hard...but for some reason I can't post it. Bad blog!)

My little farm boy admiring the water.

The kids loved the ride up...and so did I! Talmage said "Choo Choo" and "Cooo" the whole way up. I seriously felt like a kid. It was so much fun.

When we got to the top we were given a short presentation on the correct way to pick an apple. The man asked for everyone to make a circle around him...and our kids took him very seriously!

The views from the top were beautiful. This picture just doesn't do the vista justice.

I don't know if these guys had more fun picking apples or tasting apples! Everytime I turned around their hands and mouths were all over a different apple! I guess they didn't learn very much about apple etiquette in that guy's lecture.

Not that I should talk...I may have tested one or two of my own (or perhaps finished one or two of my sons!)

Overall we had so much fun! I'm hereby declaring apple-picking a new family tradition...until Apple Hill is within driving distance at least!

2 comments:

  1. Now I want to go to Apple Hill even more...although your version looks more fun as I'm sure it is Beautiful there. And now my computer lets me comment on your blog! How's law school life?! I so don't miss it, but I am intrigued as other make the journey:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful day, with wonderful friends and one super sweet baby! Wish I was closer to enjoy an apple fritter with you!

    ReplyDelete