Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dinosaurs & Donuts

The Natural History Museum gets two thumbs up, four stars and a big round of applause for being quite possibly the most amazing museum I (we: me & t) have ever experienced. Everything is so big and life-like and the stories of people, animals and cultures are explained extremely well. We learned a lot, and had a blast at the same time.

I think we ran around Mr. Rex at least 100 times. He is HUGE and so scary and T was ridiculously impressed (and luckily not scared). I am so glad that dinosaurs are not still roaming the earth! Talmage kept saying, "Dinoso. Cooo."

I also like that there was a ton of hands-on stuff for the kids. Talmage has a raptor skull in his hand that a museum worker let him play with. He felt very important! AND possibly the best part of this museum is their pay-what-you'd-like entrance fee. For poor college kids like us, that is heavenly!

Speaking of heavenly, these apple fritter poppers are just that! I got the recipe from Pioneer Woman, and they did not dissapoint. The bottom plate has a little glaze on top, while the top plate's donuts are smothered in powdered sugar. Both amazing.

3 comments:

  1. You're always making new and yummy looking things...kinda jealous. Why the heck am I not doing this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That museum looks so coool! My kids would love it. T-rex is pretty darn scary. Serious see those teeth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, that was amazing that Talmage didn't get frightened by those large bones!

    ReplyDelete