Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Red Barn

The boys and I visited the Red Barn, which is the student equestrian center on Stanford's campus. It is a huge stable where both students, and residents around the community, can board their horses (I'm not hip on my horsey language, hopefully that's the right way to say it!) We had heard it was an awesome place to visit, and it definitely didn't disappoint!
T is starting to REALLY cheese it up during pictures! At least he's not ignoring me like he's done for the last 2 1/2 years of his life when I try to take his picture. ;)


That is only one of the barns. I can't remember how many there were in all, but it was big and there were lots. There were also arenas where people were riding their horses, and jumping them. It was so cool to watch.


The people were SO nice. This man scooped T up in his arms and let him pet his horse. He actually took him into the horses stable (uh...horse cubby!) Talmage was 1/2 scared out of his mind, 1/2 super excited to touch him. I'm afraid he inherited his love/hate relationship with animals from me.


This super nice woman also let T get up close and personal with her horse. She said he was a magical horse, and although I don't think Talmage quite understood what that meant, he was still pretty excited. Until she asked if he wanted to pet the horse--at that point he ran away screaming, "I do NOT want to pet it." Oh dear.



This horse was the only one he felt totally comfortable with! And just in case it isn't clear in the picture, it's a statue! We loved visiting the Red Barn, and T's only complaint was that there were no cows, chickens and pigs. He kept saying, "Uh...And on his farm there was a COW. Not just horses!" So now I'm on the hunt for a farm with cows, and chickens and pigs!

No comments:

Post a Comment