Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sprinklers in October

The sprinklers came on in our courtyard the other day and Talmage wanted to run around.

Yes, it's mid-October, but it was also in the mid-80s.

I love California. I love California. I love California.

Lately, I have to say a lot of no's. More on that later, but T and I have been in semi-war almost nonstop. It's been exhausting, and it's hurt my feelings.

BUT...

when he asked to run in the sprinklers, I got to say YES. And it felt so good.

He had fun running, I had fun watching, and by the smile on Evie's face I think he enjoyed himself as well.

It was a moment. And I loved it.

2 comments:

  1. does the WAR ever stop? I feel like no is the only word i EVER say, so I can't wait to have fun yes moments like this! You're an AWESOME mom and I love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Hinckley said in her book, when speaking about raising children, "try to say "yes" whenever you can" I loved that motto.

    Running in the sprinklers in October was one of those moments. There was no reason to say no! Good job - sister Hinckley would be so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete