Sunday, October 9, 2011

Uncle Jordan

My brother hooked one of his favorite mission companions up with one of his really good friends and guess what? They got married! Woo-hoo for the newlyweds and woo-hoo for us because that meant Jordan came back to Sac-town and we got to spend a day with him!

Jordan and my parents came to Stanford for the day and boy did we have fun! He got to meet Evie for the first time and I think it was love at first sight! Everett is such a gem of a baby and Jordan loved getting to love on him!

Talmage adored all the attention he received from his Uncle Jordan. They made up a secret handshake where they slap each others hands and then run their fingers through their hair. T ate it up. So cute.



He also thought it was so fun to ride on Uncle Jordan's shoulders. Days later, he is still talking about how he "wuvs to pway with Uncle Jordan at da park." Needless to say, Jordan won him over!


Mema is so good with the boys and they love her to pieces. Here she is flirting with Evie, who is definitely flirting right back!


The funniest part of the day just might have been when my dad found this "baby" carrot and demanded a refund. The look on his face was priceless (and I'm so glad I caught it!) In the running for hilarious comments was when Jordan was teaching us where a jack rabbit got it's name (it's a rabbit that looks like a donkey), and that it was a better alternative than calling it a bunny - @$&. It was so dang funny!





After a long day of playing in Stanford we headed to SF for a food truck night market. The car trip there was super stressful (screaming baby, lots of traffic, SF crazy roads, etc) but once we started eating the trip was SO worth it! We had korean bbq, empanadas, green thai curry, lumpia, cilantro/chicken dumplings and strawberry nutella creme brulee. Holy goodness!


T chowed down on kettle corn and Ev, well, he might not have been thrilled by the whole thing but he was a pretty good sport.


Me and my brother. Don't tell him I told you but I am definitely bending over so he can be taller than me! I love that kid.


It was so-so-SO much fun to have family in town and to spend the day with them. I am one lucky girl.




Before we left I risked my life (kind of) and climbed a ladder so I could take a picture of the market. This is only half of the place, but you get the idea. When I got down Talmage was sobbing because he was so scared I was going to hurt myself on the ladder--cute kid!


Thanks for visiting us Uncle Jordan...please come back again. Soon. Really soon.

1 comment:

  1. The SF food YUM! We are coming next month and will have to do that for sure. I love going to the city but we usually do sourdough and clam chowder. Looks like a blast. Your boys are dreamy.

    ReplyDelete