Friday, January 17, 2014

Holding a Dinosaur

We went to a party in Morningside Heights and they had everything my boys love--face painters, jump houses, a balloon show and candy! Talmage is not on team face paint, but that Ever Knight got himself right into her chair and when he was steady, he closed his eyes as tight as could be and said, "I wan be a dinosauw." And she understood him, because frankly my baby is growing up, and she started painting his sweet face to match his Dinosaur Explorer raincoat. I have a really bad habit of forcing other people to enjoy the cuteness of my kids right along with me, and this was no exception. Everyone in arm's reach heard an earful and I demanded that they take a peak at that sweet little boy in the chair. Because seriously though? Take a look:
 
Getting started! This face painter had serious skills.

He was pleased as swamp-water punch with his big boy-ness.

I think he knew I was taking pictures. And how could I not? 
 
Here he is, that "scawy, scawy dinosauw" that ran around screaming "Roar!" at everyone. He especially loved making his brother jump!

I pretended like he scared me just to see him smile, but mostly I just wanted to eat him for an afternoon snack. Dang, that's a cute dinosaur! Who is obviously very interested in the balloon show!

We brought a stroller, but Everett asked me if I would carry him to the subway and how could I resist cuddling with a dinosaur? He wrapped his arms around my neck and pressed his cheek against mine and left me wishing for a little bit that time didn't move so quickly.

We definitely wore that little dino out. The next day at church he totally conked out and since that never happens anymore, I had to whip out my camera and steal a picture.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, you were not lying, that face painter DID have serious skills, and that little dino is the CUTEST!! When he was getting his face painted, I thought he looks so much like his older brother it was crazy!

    ReplyDelete