Thursday, February 23, 2017

A Special Sunday

The odds were stacked in my favor today and church was uplifting, inspiring and beautiful. Since Cora joined our family and Quinny joined the terrible two's I can probably count on one hand the times I've left church on a high, but goodness those Sunday's are something special.

The kids were up early this morning so I made german pancakes with peanut butter for breakfast. We bribed the three oldest with a few minutes of Veggie Tales, and you've never seen kids get ready quicker or happier, which left James and I plenty of time and energy to switch between bathing the baby and primping ourselves. Before we knew it we were off to 9 am church with blue sky, sunshine and birds singing a happy Sabbath song. I love California so, so much!

No sooner had we made our way into Sacrament meeting than the kids had made their way to the row in front of ours to sit with BA and Robyn, two sisters in the ward who love us and our babies. Usually I insist that we sit as a family, but the kids were being so reverent and these sisters were willing and able so I just sat in my pew with the baby and decided to enjoy the meeting. And enjoy it I did--a lot. I don't even remember the specifics, but I do remember tearing up a few times and leaving Sacrament feeling like a new person. Sometimes life feels so exhausting but this meeting helped lighten my soul and allowed me to see that I was a good person doing great things in the world. I think more than anything this meeting reminded me that allowing others to serve me is just as important as serving others, for it was in their service that I realized mine was acceptable. I'm grateful for all those who are on my team and help in our families growth and success.

The next couple of hours went by in a blur and then our brood was back home taking naps, eating snacks, preparing dinner for friends and listening to the missionaries teach T about the Plan of Happiness. Such a seemingly normal Sunday with such a special spirit, I'm praying for more of these in my future.

{Started a few weeks ago on an amazing Sunday afternoon. All this time later and I'm still feeling grateful for the gift that Sabbath was to my soul.}






1 comment:

  1. Love those awesome church pictures! So grateful you got a moment to breath and feel the spirit! Thank you heavenly ward angels who made that possible!

    ReplyDelete