Thursday, February 2, 2017

Always Keepin It Real--This Week

Someday when I'm old and my babies are having babies, I hope that they can look back on these pages and realize that they are not alone in the craziness of raising babies. Those forgetful mature parents who talk to young parents about how "I have no idea what you should do with your naughty child because mine were always perfect" not only make the rest of us feel bad but are no help whatsoever. Someday when my kids come to me with their parenting woes I'm going to break out this blog book and be like, "It's OK, baby. I know how you feel and I'm so sorry it's hard and look, you're a respectable adult now and we made it through, so there's hope! Go fight win! And here's some chocolate and bubbles in the meantime."  

Sure, I could gloss over the less desirables of life and only blog about our best days, but what good does faking perfection do for anyone? No one can relate to a perfect person because perfect people don't exist. I'm doing my best to be positive and practical and on the really bad days uber-prayerful as I hike through parenthood, but I'm also not afraid to talk about when life gets ugly or anxiety-ridden or when Everett has to write apology notes for killing someone's imaginary cheetah at school (true story, sigh). You're gettin' the good with the bad over here, in this post and always. 

{For more information on why I think this way of documenting our family history is so important, please read my favorite article ever written, found here.}

These flowers are currently blooming outside my bedroom and I must admit I wake up each day and see the bougainvillea blooms hanging on the top of my window and these beauties coming up from below and I feel so sincerely blessed to live in this darling cottage. Name that flower, ready go! (Noni?!)

 Apology note to the teacher.

...And to his friend. It's been a rough week to be an Everett but in the temple last night I received some pretty clear inspiration as to how I can parent him better and I'm excited to implement it and see how it works. I really hope it works! In the meantime, I'm going to remember how I shocked myself and Everett by erupting in laughter when I read this apology note he wrote to his friend. Turns out she wanted her imaginary pet cheetah alive, not dead at the hand of an imaginary sword yielding Ever Knight. 

Quinny's first time in the dentist chair. She let them brush and count her teeth and was seriously the best patient. It's during these moments that I'm like--what the heck? Why are you such a crazy nut at home?!

 I love this kids smile under his hand.

Laura the Great loving Quinny at Music class. She won't sit and sing on my lap because, let's be honest, Laura's lap is way cooler. Grateful for good friends who love my babies.

Honestly, could there be a funnier picture?! I wish she liked that breakfast smoothie as much as I liked painting it on her face. This girl hates food so much, but super loves her baba. She'll come around, right?

 Happy little mustached love. 

These babies really, truly played together for the first time this week. I watched them together in the late afternoon sun and couldn't help but be excited for the greatest sister friendship they'll share in the many years to come.

If I had a dollar for every picture Quinn took while sneaking my phone I would be a very wealthy woman. Add on that the number of times she's trying to steal the cellie, I'd be richer by the second! Her love of taking pictures means that I find about a trillion attractive shots like this one when I go through my camera reel at night. That independent diva drives me nuts sometimes!

Sweet and calm Coco was absolutely still for a good five minutes while James rubbed her back after church on Sunday. She sat watching the hummingbirds drink nectar outside our window and didn't even twitch. She's definitely got my genes--Wiggy women love a good massage!

I think my lack of sleep lately has made me hyper-sensitive and hyper-obsessed with sleeping photos. I just think it's the cutest and most amazing thing to photograph! Sleep looks especially good on Cora Sue, just look at those little fists above her head!

No comments:

Post a Comment