Friday, February 3, 2017

Sunnies on my sunshine girl


If she were a real fashion blogger she would have moved the mess from inside the window before she had her picture taken, but alas, Quinny is not quitting her day job (and neither am I)! She does know what she likes, however, and those sunnies are on the top of her list. She picked them out from Target yesterday and seriously wouldn't put them down. The $4 I spent was worth it because she won't let them leave her side (she's currently fast asleep with the sunnies firmly gripped in her hand) and I love seeing her feel so confident, even if it is just based on what she's wearing.

Quinner went to the Zoo with Melissa (Annie) and Laura (Gavin) yesterday while I did some Relief Society business and I couldn't help but snap a picture before she ran out the door to her BFF's car. Time is moving so quickly I feel like it'll be tomorrow and she'll be running out the door again, although this time Annie will be driving them on an adventure instead of her mama. Our babies being besties forever sounds like a dream, but I'm not quite ready for these littles to be so big just yet!

Quinn had the best time. She came home telling me about how the monkey's were eating carrots, the giraffes were tall and their babies were little, the cheetahs were sleeping and (giggle giggle) the elephants went potty on the ground! She showed me how the pink flamingos stood on one foot and how she sat on an alligator (pretend alligator--thank goodness). Her independence, her sense of adventure, her confidence and her strong will--they're all qualities that drive me batty but they're also some of my favorite parts of her and this solo adventure she so bravely took and the darling way she told me the tale reminded me again that she is a special, spunky and an amazing little thing. She'll do great things in life and no doubt be a stellar person, if we make it through the terrible twos! Oh Quinn, what would any of us do without you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment