Sunday, February 26, 2017

Valentines Party at our Pad

There are few things I love more than a party, and it's even better when all our little friends come play at our pad. Honestly, this house brings me back to my West 70th days when I could almost hear the walls begging for friends and fun. Our Snow White cottage is the perfect place for people to gather and enjoy each other's company and not for a second have I taken this place for granted--I love our life in this home! 

This particular party was with all of Quinny's pals so a dozen two and three year olds were in control. The Mama's sat to chat while the boys played hot wheels and superheroes, the girls played princesses and dress-up, cookies were decorated in the kitchen, scooters and bikes were ridden out back and there was not a fight nor complaint to be heard. Also, the healthy treats were all shaped as hearts so if it wasn't already a party, that made it a par-tay!

I've waffled lately on my feelings about really being done having children. I mean, I'm totally under water with my four so the mere thought of more is rather absurd, but I must admit that every once in a while I feel a wave of sadness knowing that these walls are as full as they're going to get. But then my friends come over with their babies and the laughter and love and chaos grows exponentially and I realize that as long as my doors are open these walls will never stop expanding and for that matter, I'll never really be done adding to my family. And that is music to my ears.  

The best picture I could get of these sweet ladies in their matching heart sweaters. Best of sisters, best of friends (at least that's what I'm whispering in their ears, they're too young to really get it yet!)

The cookie decorating table--you should have seen this thing covered with trouble-makers!

Valentine bags for all our sweet little friends. I don't know who had more fun with these--me in making them or the kids in receiving them! I'm so not crafty but I so don't care, this was a blast!



The way we do our holiday toddler parties is that one person hosts and then other people supply the books, activities and food. It works so well and allows us to have monthly parties without anyone feeling stressed. I couldn't help but contribute a few treats though, because heart-shaped food is fun!

I wrapped our Valentines books to read during story time. Reading a book is always more fun when you get to unwrap it first!

A room full of friends is my heaven.

Half of the crew with their snacks. I love filling this table!

Coco's first Valentine's Day was most definitely a success. I love that little squishy friend so much my heart hurts. Thank you for being my littlest love, Coco-Rue.

1 comment: