Sunday, May 20, 2018

Evie's Spring Sing




Spring Sing Highlights:

1. Finding Ev sitting on the floor in the kitchen the night before the event asking Alexa to play Beatles songs so he could practice.

2. Seeing the "vewy spesho" outfit he picked out for the event. That belt over that shirt though...!

3. Finding out that James could sneak away from work for a minute to be in the audience. That is HUGE!

4. Ever sneaking us a wave from the bleachers but telling his neighbor he wasn't supposed to be waving when he saw his parents, hahaha.

5. The smirk Ever gets when he's both embarrassed but proud of his accomplishment. I could just kiss the heck out of that smirk and that face, it's the best.

6. Talmage surprising us and his brother by giving up lunch and his free period to watch Evie sing. I don't know if my Mama heart could have been prouder in that moment.

7. Mr. Harrison, the music teacher, is incredible at helping students feel the joy that comes from song. Especially since I'm rather musically challenged, I'm grateful to him.

8. Let It Be, 64 and Life Goes on: All the songs that made me cry.

9. Quinn and Cora sitting patiently through the whole show but the second it was over, screams and cries and claims that we'd never fed them!

10. The smile on Everett's face when I asked him if I could record him singing one of the songs. He acted like it was the worst idea and I was "so embawasing", but kept reminding me all afternoon until we finally taped him singing Let It Be in our living room after the girls went to bed. The purest, sweetest little Ever Knight the world will ever know. Gosh I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment