Tuesday, July 17, 2018

A couple'a downtown days

Tuesday and Wednesday of last week were crazy-town in the very best ways. Our field trip was to the Central Library in downtown LA and then to the Grand Park splash pad in front of City Hall, one of my favorite adventures from last summer that I knew I wanted to repeat this year. I'm a sucker for the energy and excitement and beauty that is found when you're surrounded by skyscrapers so I was just living my very best life. We splash-padded the heck out of that place and then when I was sure we weren't going to get stuck in rush hour traffic (and I was sure we had taken full advantage of our flat-rate parking spot) we headed home to the Century City Mall, of course, to take full advantage of Chik Fil A's free meal offer. I hate cooking and I hate dishes so even though we were all pretty beat this was a total no-brainer. The kids were stoked to get their own meal, with ice cream to boot, and I ate my waffle fries in sweet silence. It was wonderful!

If you think we got our downtown fill on Tuesday you are wrong! The very next morning we found ourselves there once again, this time for a $1 movie showing and 7/11 free slurpees with friends. If you haven't gotten the memo, we Wigs love our free fun! And doing those things downtown, all the better. 

The murals outside the children's section of the library are incredible. Each wall is painted with unique and cultural art. I just love it!

 It's hard to see but the chandelier is a globe and the zodiac animals are surrounding it on all sides. It's amazing!



 My boys could sit and read for hours. (I wish I could too!)

This children's section puts every other library to shame, I'm willing to bet. I've visited a whole lotta libraries and this one is just in a league of its own.

 Everett found an Everett sign!

 Such a simple, beautiful splash pad that kept them occupied for hours on end.

The girls with City Hall.

 And here's the crazy boys!

 Sister shot, haha!



The cutest cows I've ever seen! Sometimes it totally pays to live in an area lacking families. There was no line at Chik Fil A and my kids were adored by all of the workers. I love Chik Fil A so much, this may be in the running for my favorite holiday. 



Movie time!!! We saw the Peanuts Movie and even though it's at least a year old, I had never seen it. It was so adorable! I pinpointed which character each of my kids could play and it was hilarious.

aaaaaannnnnndddddd...free slurpees! I almost got in line for Build-a-Bear the next day but then I thought better of that crazy plan! Two freebies in a row is good enough for me...at least this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment