Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Our Jam

Strawberries went on super sale at our local market so I decided to make a million jars of freezer jam because it's so easy and so good and pretending to be domestic makes me so proud. I enlisted three of my children to help, because I ain't no Little Red Hen, but also because they are obsessed with helping me in the kitchen but rarely get the chance since my cooking usually consists of throwing some cheese, crackers and veg on a plate and calling it dinner. The fourth kid would have helped also, but was at a friend's house when we started jamming. It actually made for a really fun FHE and all of them are so excited to eat a pb&j and know that they made the deliciousness happen! 

The ingredients, minus two more boxes of pectin we had to race to the store and buy mid jam-making.

 Cora's job: put the berries in the colander.

 Quinn's job: wash the berries.

 T's job: cut the berries and throw them in the blender.

My job: photograph these cuties....aaaaannnndddd...crush the berries and add an insane amount of sugar and stir, and stir, and stir. Although they mostly did the stirring. And then I added the pectin, and then they stirred again, because they're the best!

And wah lah, freezer jam a la the Wigs!

No comments:

Post a Comment