Thursday, July 5, 2018

Ev's birthday (plus an interview)


Everett's birthday fell on the Saturday after Grands Week with Papa and Gigi, so we celebrated with the Wigs on Friday by eating donuts and watching a movie. On Saturday, we celebrated with Mema, Pepa and Grammie by visiting John's Incredible Pizza and going to the Folsom Rodeo. Then a few days after we got home, we celebrated with all of his buddies at a Pokemon party at our place. All this to say, it's not shocking that Everett has told me numerous times that this is the best birthday that ever existed. And I believe him every time he says it because, you know what? It legit was! You only turn seven once and I'm glad that he felt loved, appreciated and celebrated. 





These pictures reminded me so much of these ones from his second birthday, where have the last five years gone? I remember eating a cupcake on his second birthday and then flying off to NYC to find our home on the Upper West Side. Crazy that the last five years have seen us zig-zagging this country so many times! 


Birthday morning at Mema and Pepas!







John's Incredible Pizza was such a blast! The food was great, the diet coke's were endless and we got enough tickets to get Ever the pokeball he wanted. It was the perfect spot for a birthday celebration!


The kids participated in the coin dig in the arena, but two seconds in Quinn started crying because she didn't know what to do (plus she was walking through dirt and #citykid) but luckily Everett found two coins and in no time we were all smiles again!

Our seats were great and the company even better for the Folsom Rodeo. The sun was bright and hot for a good second there but then it dipped below the trees and everything was perfect. A horse got hurt in the Rodeo which put a damper on everyone's mood and energy level in the stadium, but overall it was a good event. 



My all-American crew who are way too busy to look at the camera but are darling nonetheless.



We really wanted a free t-shirt!

My favorite part of the rodeo was watching this guy dance. He was INCREDIBLE and it was hilarious!








Brownie's at 11 pm after the rodeo! We were tired, but boy were they good!!! 
Happy birthday, my forever baby boy. 

One thing you'll quickly find when reading Everett's seven-year-old interview is that everything was really hard. I was cracking up because really? answering questions about your favorite things is hard? but yes, it seems for Ever Knight these things are super intense!!! This year's answers were some of my favorite yet. I love this tradition and I especially love the little boy behind the questions this go-around!
BIRTHDAY INTERVIEW:

What is your favorite...

Color: Blue
Food: I don’t know, it’s between waffles and bacon.
Game: Like game, like video game? I don’t know. On the Ipad Teen Titans, and not on the Ipad headbands and pokemon.
Book: This is soooo hard. It’s just so hard. I usually read some Dogman, or Pokemon books that we have at our house. But I don’t really have a favorite one because it’s too hard to choose.
Toy: OH, that’s so so hard. My stuffed animal Pikachu.
Treat: This is so hard because there are so many good treats. I think brownies or ice cream cake—cookie dough kind.
Song: That’s so hard. It’s between The Greatest Showman songs and the Pokemon theme song.
Thing to learn about: That’s so, so hard. I think PE. Sports.
Animal: It’s between like the fast animals, because I like running, like peregrine falcons, leopard, mountains lions and cheetah. Yah.
TV show: I think I ask for it so much times and I usually don’t get it but sometimes I do get it: it’s Pokemon. Indigo league or XY.
Thing to wear:  I think like sports clothes.
Holiday: My birthday and Christmas.

What do you want to be when you grow up? I kind of want to be an inventor, or a police officer.

If someone was being mean to your brother, what would you do? I would say, Stop right there! Don’t hurt my brother. (As he puts his hands on his hips, squints his eyes and points forward!)
Who is your best friend? Chase and Graham, and some other friends but I have so many I can’t write all of them down.

What is something you want to learn to do this year? Do a backflip
What is something that you are really good at? Oh, that’s so hard. Like throwing snugglers into the air and catching them, but making them do a flip. Watch, I’ll show you right now.

If you had a million dollars, what would you buy? I would kind of savor it and buy a really nice house.
If you were an animal, what would you be? Um, I said before usually like fast animals. Because if I like them, then I want to be it. So…I’d say leopard.

What do you want someone to invent? Well, change that into what do I want ME to invent. Because I want to be an inventor, remember? I want to invent a whole house that is technology like curtains that close with a button and books that can fly to you in bed and food that will just move to you when you ask for it. And it does it at the speed of light.
If you could have a magic power, what would it be? Ohhhh, that’s so hard. Freeze people with ice and shoot lava. And fly.

How many kids do you want to have when you grow up and get married? I ain’t even know. I think maybe 5 to 10. I don’t know,  but I want a lot of kids.
What kind of house would you like to live in: an igloo, a tree house, a castle, a cave, or our house?  Um, can I add the house I’m going to make with the windows and the lights and stuff? Also the whole house is circle. That’s where I want to live.

Who is the prettiest girl in the whole world? Mom. My mom.
Where do you want to go on your mission? I don’t even know. I’ll just stay here on my mission. Then I can be your missionary, Mom!

What's your favorite scripture story? I can’t even remember one bit of a scripture story but I think the funniest one is the song of Solomon, Talmage told me, it’s hilarious and about kissing.

No comments:

Post a Comment