Wednesday, May 5, 2010

El Nino

In honor of cinco de mayo, I referred to the kid as el nino all day today.
And let me tell you, the nino was on a roll.
He wanted my full attention...at ALL times.
When I didn't give it to him (heaven forbid I get some work done around the house) he would jump in front of/on top of my work and ham it up, daring me to resist his cuteness.
It happened when I vacuumed the living room.
It happened when I did the dishes.
And as you can see below, it happened when I attempted to fold 3 1/2 loads of laundry that had been sitting on our chair for at least 2 1/2 days.

If you look at the pic closely, you can see a mouth full of carrots in those cute little choppers.
I must admit, he did succeed in diverting my attention at least a few times.
Really, how could I resist?
I love being a mom to that cutie little nino.

Oh yeah, also in honor of cinco de mayo, we ate Thai food.
Clearly.

And one more thing, happy birthday to my Mom.
She claims to be half Mexican because her big day landed on this holiday, so I can almost guarantee she didn't eat Thai food.
She ate Mexican.
Obviously.

6 comments:

  1. May I tell you that the Mexican Food was delicious!! Obviously! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thai food... obviously! ha! Love it. We're celebrating about as much as you... with your italian food and all. Anyway, you still managed to get laundry, dishes, and vacuuming done while giving full attention to your child... you have always had a way of being beyond productive no matter what (while I sit around and eat white cheddar cheeze-its. Actually I haven't had those in years, but you get the point). Anyway, happy cinco de mayo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feliz cumpleanos, Michele, y feliz cinco de Mayo! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts always bring a smile to my face. Very much needed today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talmage is adorable! How could that cute grin not stop you from doing housework? I hope all goes well on your side of the Atlantic. Love you!

    -Sausha

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is such a cutie! And of course with being such an adorable little boy, being a ham ball goes hand in hand!

    ReplyDelete