Monday, May 10, 2010

Stroller-friendly my toe.

On Saturday we took part in a charity walk put together by Leonard Reed (a member of our ward). I specifically asked him if this walk was stroller friendly, knowing (a) that a good portion of the walk was during Talmage's naptime and (b) that Talmage is getting really heavy and we can't carry him for miles on end. He reassured me time and time again that it was stroller friendly, and since Brother Reed is in a wheelchair, I believed his words. Pshhh...

Let me make a recommendation. Next time you ask someone if something is stroller friendly, make sure your idea of stroller friendly matches with theirs. If not, have fun pushing and pulling the dang stroller through rape seed, lifting it over huge fences and gates, carrying it over creeks, running it across the interstate, and all awhile carrying a screaming, freezing, grumpy, tired baby.

Yeah. What the heck? Stroller-friendly my big toe. And my little one. And all the toes in between.

Talmage and the saintly Brother Robles in happier times. By the end, neither one of these men had smiles on their faces, which is really saying something (at least in Brother Robles' case!)
The walk in and of itself was quite lovely, but I can 100 percent guarantee that even if we were going to be living in Cambridge next year, we would have to pass on the Walk of Heck. No offense though! But really...stroller friendly?

***

On a happier note, happy birthday to the best sister a girl could ever ask for. I love you Ash and you make me so proud! Happy happy happy 22!

3 comments:

  1. Nothing about any of the pictures you posted looks even remotely stroller-friendly. But at least it was very story-friendly. I literally made a "pah" noise out loud when I saw the field that you trekked through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pictures, loved the story, I'm not sure I would have been smiling at the end either! You are all good sports! Even Talmage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, and I was feeling bad on Saturday for not showing up....I don't feel so bad anymore. I mean, if Senor Robles can't smile, who can? You are a champion! And, all that rape seed would have made my allergies 10 times worse! I hope you're surviving in Ely...call for reinforcements!

    ReplyDelete