Sunday, May 16, 2010

Haynie-sitting

We're on day seven of nine of Haynie-sitting, and I'm proud to announce that we are all still alive! I have to admit, going from being a mother of one to being a substitute mother of four little hooligans has been crazy, but all in all it has been an enjoyable week and we are looking forward to eventually having our own bathtub full of babies (that ones for you Mitch!)
For some reason I can't figure out how to move these pictures around (I'll blame it on my lack of sleep and the fact that I'm using a new computer instead of blaming it on my complete technology lameness!) Regardless, here is a picture of Addie in her beautiful clean room. We spent a few hours in each child's room, and they were so proud of the results. Addie told me afterwards, "Do you feel that? It's so clean I can feel the Holy Ghost in here." She wanted to take a picture to prove to her Daddy that she actually does have a floor to her bedroom!

This is just a super random bathtub pic to prove that my baby boy actually does have hair! Not much, but I was still excited to spike it. Too bad I didn't have the camera out when I gave him a soapy mustache.


Speaking of bath time, one of my favorite quotes from the week came right before this bath (their first together as substitute brothers).
AJ says "Wow, Tommage has a peeper just like me."
Me: Yes because he's a boy just like you.
AJ says "Yeah, and mostwy so he can go potty."
Me: So true AJ.

Adeline and Eli giving me heart failure by climbing on top of this wall. I kept imagining broken arms and ER runs, but luckily we have steared clear of that place. (Help a sister out and knock on wood please, I still have two days here!) Another funny Addie story. She asked Jim what he did for a job. He said he goes to school. She tells him, "Wow, you must have been held back a ton of times!" He laughs (I die laughing) and then she says, "So what, are you not very smart?" If she only knew!

Talmage has been a stud this week! We've moved into the Haynie home and away from all his toys, books, and comforts, and yet he has adapted so nicely. Let's be honest, the Haynie's have American food (like Cheez-Its) so he's been h-a-p-p-y!


Me and my muchachos at bathtime. They thought I was funny, I was cracking up at them--we have a very healthy relationship!


Our little thug at the park. I forgot to bring his sweatshirt so he had to borrow AJ's. Luckily they are learning to share! One thing I love about England is there are fantastic parks EVERYWHERE. We have found quite a few new ones since staying in Ely (which is about 40 minutes out of Cambridge).


Definitely a favorite for both of these boys! They swang and swang and swang forever!

Still swinging.


Look at this smiley, happy, totally delicious smiley face. I really do just want to eat him up.


With a side of this guy of course! Another funny AJ story from the week. As the youngest child, he has a habit of screaming and crying when he doesn't get his way. We've been working on not crying, and instead asking please (with no tears included). When we first started, I asked him why he would cry when he didn't get his way. He looked at me like I was crazy, and then decided to tell me his secret. "When I fake like I cwying, dey give me what I want all da time." Ah-hah! He's doing a lot better with saying pwease and the tears have gone way down. Woo-hoo!

Here's a video of AJ singing some songs for me. You MUST listen to his cute voice, and then you MUST look at T's face, trying to figure out what the heck he's doing. Love it!

Haynie-sitting has been a super-adventure. Being a mother to four is great (and I hope someday I'll be able to do it for reals) but for now I think we're all looking forward to Mama Haynie coming home from Espana!

2 comments:

  1. wow, you are the WOMAN! I don't think I could do it! I bet those kids had a blast with you though, you always make everything so much fun. Little T is taking after his mom and her Cheez-it obsession, too bad it's not the white cheddar kind though huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved every bit of this post! The life of a mother is filled with so many funny quotes and moments, I truly believe that taking the time to enjoy those little moments is the secret to being happy! Good job Heather and James - you have survived parenting 101! (actually it's probably way more advanced than that!) ha ha

    ReplyDelete