Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Oh, how I LOVE being a Mom to this little tot.
Talmage and his Daddy made sure I had a great Mother's Day.

It started with this card and my beautiful paper corsage, both made for me especially by Mr. T. I had to share the card with everyone because I was SUPER impressed with the talent my one-year-old has. Talmage the artist!

I had a hankering for PF Chang's lettuce wraps, so Jim found a recipe online and made them for my Mother's Day dinner. They were amazing and we are definitely keeping the recipe for future use. He also made a delish Chinese noodle soup.

Although all the credit was given to Talmage, I have a feeling that this handsome man had a little something to do with making my day so perfect. Thanks Jim for making me feel so special. It's a pleasure and joy being the Mother when you are the Father!

My father-in-law is using this quote in his talk today, and I think it is so beautiful.
"May each of us remember this truth; 'One cannot forget mother and remember God. One cannot remember mother and forget God.' Why? Because these two sacred persons, God and mother, partners in creation, in love, in sacrifice, in service, are as one."
Thomas S. Monson (Pathways to Perfection: Discourses of Thomas S. Monson)

And to our dear Mothers (represented here by my incredible Mama): We wish you a fantastic day and hope you know how much you are loved, appreciated and respected. We wouldn't be who we are if you weren't who you are.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment