Saturday, May 8, 2010

Man Alive, I'm 25!

I'm absolutely, positively, most definitely a quarter-of-a-century old as of May 7.
24 is my favorite number and was an amazing year so I'm sad to see it go (plus doesn't it sound so young and cute?) but if my 25th year is anything like my 25th birthday was I know it will be fantabulous!
I decided that for my 25th birthday, every meal needed dessert.
I had a pop tart for breakfast (that's the breakfast part, not the dessert part for those of you who are confused) and then we headed over to this super cute cupcake shop for breakfast dessert.

We had the most incredible double chocolate cupcake, coconut cupcake and cream cheese brownie. They were divine, and only after we licked the cupcake liner did we find out that there was a "special ingredient" in the coconut frosting. My face turned bright red and we felt so bad. Luckily we didn't get tipsy, but we have learned that we need to ask for the ingredients at all European bakeries. Woops! Talmage got his own special Toy Story sippy cup and proved to us that he is a pro at drinking through a straw.


After breakfast, we shopped and walked and enjoyed time as a family in downtown Cambridge. For lunch we had sandwiches and cookies (the cookies are part of lunch, not dessert FYI) and then candy from my favorite candy-man in the market square.
The Ellises had a birthday party for me which was so much fun. The Lewises, Andersons and Twiggers all came to show their love! We had my meal-of-choice for dinner, stuffed french toast with lots of yummy toppings, and then played games and talked and laughed for hours.


For dinner dessert we had brownies and ice cream. I embarrasingly couldn't blow out all my candles in one huff, and I also asked them why they spelled 92 with the candles (it was really 25 but I was holding it upside down)--both hints that Mama is not as sharp as she used to be!

I think this may have been my best birthday ever. Thank you to everyone who sent cards, presents, emails, prayers and love in my direction. I love you! And a HUGE thank you to my Mom who gave birth to me after 50-something hours of labor some 25 years ago. She's my hero!
Wondering about the picture above?
I've been SO looking forward to the cow's returning to the field by our house, but alas, they hadn't come. But guess what, my birthday rolls around and so do the cows. I just considered it a special birthday gift.

5 comments:

  1. You are SO your mommies girl! I thought I was the only one that got excited about cows!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you! Yeah for being 25! Hope your 25th year will be as good as mine has been thus far. Love you friend.

    -Sausha

    ReplyDelete
  3. May 25 treat you as well as 24.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a great 25th birthday! How could you not with all of those friends, cows and desserts?

    ReplyDelete