Sunday, July 3, 2011

Everett in the PICU

I am so darn biased, but is this not the cutest heart patient you've ever seen? I know he has wires sticking out of everywhere, but he still looks so sweet and I just want to cuddle every inch of him!

Today was actually a good day. We learned a lot and it feels good to have a plan of action. Ev is currently stable and the lower half of his body, including his liver and kidneys (which were not receiving blood flow because of the defect in his aorta) are continuing to improve. We spoke to Ev's cardiologist and heart surgeon today and it was great to speak with them and learn from them. It looks like Ev has two areas of his aorta that are semi-blocked (one more serious than the other it seems) and also a small hole between the bottom two chambers of his heart. They will be doing surgery in the next few days, but they are unsure what surgery they will perform. We'll try to keep everyone updated. Please keep us (especially Everett) in your prayers.


The woman at the front desk of the PICU made Everett this cutie sign for his bed. I loved T's sign when he was in the NICU, and now we have one for Ev as well (although I would definitely have preferred to make one myself!)

I love this picture of Daddy and his boy. I have one just like it from when Talmage was in the NICU. Jim has been such a good dad and such a good husband. They released me from the hospital early so I could be with Ev, so Jim has taken on the job as my doctor. He is amazing! He loves us so much and we are grateful.




Ev is sleeping in serious style here in the PICU. He has his own room and it is FULL to the top with machines and wires and important-looking stuff. This is the view from my chair and I could just look at that head full of hair all day long!

5 comments:

  1. Ev you are the CUTEST baby I have ever seen! We are cheering you on here in Idaho and wish we could be close enough to kiss those yummy cheeks!

    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you have some answers and a plan of action,what a cheering squad little Ev has all over the world, people praying and wishing him well.As for Ev sleeping in serious style, that has to be the Rolls Royce of hospital cribs xx We love you four Wiggys so much and wish we were there to hug you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, Heath! I've been out of town and not checking blogs so I didn't even know all this until now. He is SUCH a cutie! I hope everything is okay. I totally understand how scary all that heart stuff is after going through it right now with Lisa's baby. I'll be praying for baby Ev and you guys and hope that the doctors can figure out what surgery needs to be done and that everything will be okay. Also, he was a big baby, especially considering how small you were! Congrats to you and Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi heather. this is alisa harrison (ryan's wife). sorry, i know this is probably strange hearing from us, but here and there through brittney's blog i do check in on your blog and am just hearing about your little everett. i just wanted to pass on our concern and prayers. it's crazy, we have another friend who just had a baby last night and is having all kinds of heart issues as well. it's really making me stop and think a lot and makes me feel a little emotional for these little guys. i know i don't really know you, so i hope you're ok that i'm checking in--we just wanted to send our thoughts ya'lls way. good luck with everything ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just now read your last few blog posts. Your little Ev is in our prayers and will remain there. I wish I had some words of wisdom but seeing that I have never been in your shoes before, I don't. But I do love you. And more importantly God loves you and is very very aware of you.

    ReplyDelete