Monday, April 16, 2012

Daddy's Birthday Week

Last week was Jimmy-Jim's birthday week and T, Evie and I planned yummy meals and desserts and had little presents for him to open everyday. We're new to this whole birthday week deal (I got the idea from my friend Natania, but she's amazing X a million and does birthday month!) and James was so surprised when he came home Monday night to treats and Talmage's big SURPRISE!
We did something fun everyday...but somehow I didn't take a single picture from the rest of the week. On the actual big day (he turned 26 on the 13th) we went to lunch at The Axe and Palm (burgers, fries, milkshakes and fountain root beer--my fav!) Everett sat on the table and ended up mooching off of everyone's meal! In a way I can't believe that he's only 26--that seems so young. I guess I'm feeling old lately ;)
T and I made Daddy a HUGE cupcake for his birthday, and frosted it with his favorite cream cheese frosting. Talmage picked out the sprinkles and the candles and was SO excited. Unfortunately the cake met an untimely demise...
Bummer, huh? Luckily it was still delicious. James said he hopes it was not a sign of how his 26th year will turn out!
We had Rowan and Cedar over so that their parents could go out and it was a ton of fun to have a full house of kids to party with! They were so good together, as always. The next night Comfort and Kit took our kids and they were a little loco. I'm afraid we definitely got the better end of this deal!
James got lots of nice gifts and was so grateful for all the love. He kept saying how spoiled he felt, which made me feel like birthday week was a job well done! We LOVE that Dad-Man of ours and we were so glad he felt special on his birthday.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Talk about totally being spoiled - birthday week sounds like a very fun tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the birthday week idea... although I don't know if I have enough creative ideas for that!!

    ReplyDelete