Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Four Years

It was on a warm but rather windy April morning that James and I promised each other eternity. We did not know what life had in store for us, but on that day four years ago we knew that we would take on life together. I floated through April 24th wearing my red Chinese shoes and a love for my husband that was undeniable. He was the man I always knew was waiting for me--I knew it from the moment I met him--and he would be mine forever.

I danced around my parents house that morning much like I did when I got home from our first date. I was determined to soak in all the goodness of the day...and I did. The perfect dress. Beautiful flowers and sunshine. Our loving family and friends. My handsome husband wearing the kilt he had always wanted to wear. The temple and all the amazingness found within. The reception--oh, the fabulous reception. Even when I almost passed out from the weight of my gorgeous wedding dress (and maybe I forgot to eat breakfast too)  I entertained myself with the beauty and humor in perceived imperfection. (And not to worry...a quick juice box and granola bar and I was a-ok!) When I think of our wedding day I feel happiness, excitement and an insane amount of love.  

Four years has seen us through the happiest of moments and has seen us through heartache. We are learning the dance of life together--and are constantly adjusting our rhythm to be in sync. Life has not always been perfect, but we feel so blessed and have found joy and beauty all around us. It's been exciting and eventful, that's for sure!  When Everett was going in for his last surgery, James took me by the hand and told me that there was no one in the world he'd rather have by his side during a trial than me. There has never been a kinder or more romantic line uttered. We're a team, me and James, and with each year we are becoming stronger and better.   

Happy Anniversary James. I love you!


I was looking through thousands of wedding photos and was salivating over my dress. Vain, huh? I seriously love it! Even if it almost caused me to pass out :)

4 comments:

  1. Well said! That day brings back really good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, sweet post. So glad you two got married. Also, it's amazing to think all that you have packed into four years. Seems like you've had enough action to fill up 10 years. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so nice! I want to see more photos! I'm going to come over and insist that you show me them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can we please oh please have a wedding photo viewing party?!?!

    ReplyDelete