Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Monterey Bacation

We decided to get away for a few days during Jim's spring break and went down to Monterey. It was supposed to rain our whole visit, but we lucked out with mostly clear skies and beach-friendly weather. We went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, multiple beaches, tide pools and hung out in the hotel. And even though the boys both put up major fusses on multiple occasions over nothing, Talmage was heard saying on day three, "Dis is da best bacation ever!" and "Dis is da best day ever!" and in his prayer the night we got home, "And pwease bwess dat tomorrow we will wake up and go on anudder bacation." I guess it was a success!
Of course cartoons in the hotel was very high on the list of coolest parts of the vacation, those poor deprived children of ours.
T's favorite part of the Aquarium--the waterfall.
T and the cop at Louie Linguini's for lunch.
Loved, loved, loved the colors of that flower against the colors of the wharf. Beautiful.
Another favorite for both boys--the spa. It was too cool for the pool but the spa was like a big bathtub and both boys loved splashing around.
Talmage got to stay up late with Mom and Dad every night to eat dinner and watch a movie. He thought it was so special and to tell you the truth I did too!
The beach by the Aquarium. T's favorite part was making "Talmage tracks" in the sand.
My favorite part of the Aquarium--the jellyfish. I also really loved the octopus.
That pack saved our lives on this trip. Evie took almost all of his naps right there on my shoulder, bless him! But I really need to invest in a pack that doesn't kill my back.
T and his friend the seahorse.
Monterey State Beach--eating sand by the handful.
Dennis the Menace park was INCREDIBLE! We only spent a few hours here but we could have spent all day.
Jim: T, How about I help you.
T: How about I help myself.
Point Pinos tide pools. Seriously amazing!
Our family!
Asilomar State Beach--running from the waves.
Evie and I flew a kite...
while these two built a sand castle, and an amazing one at that!
From day one of our vaca T kept saying he wanted to visit a lighthouse...and go inside! Jim did some research and on our last day we got to go to the Point Pinos lighthouse.
He was kind of bummed that he couldn't go into the tower (it's still a working lighthouse) but he did get to see a replica of the light and got to ring the bell which he loved.
We also stopped by the mission in Carmel, bought artichokes, oranges and strawberries at an awesome market, and then headed home. It was a great trip to Monterey and I can't wait for another bacation!

4 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm so glad that yall got to get away with Jim for a few days. If you find a pack that doesn't kill your back, let me know! I have one that is similar and I remember that after a while it hurt my back and shoulders so bad! California looks like is treating y'all very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog just so I can see pictures of Evie's smile... Well, okay, that's not the only reason! But he sure is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great time! Makes me want to plan one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hometown!!! I'm so glad you had a nice time!

    ReplyDelete