Friday, April 6, 2012

So their personalities

Call me crazy, but something I missed most while we were on house arrest was taking the boys to the store with me. Is it always smiles and joy? No. In fact, during this trip to Costco the boys sat next to each other in the cart for the first time and Talmage punched Everett every time he made so much as a peep. It was not ok. Everett in turn attempted to steal every sample that was offered to his brother. It was war. BUT...it feels good to be out with both of them. I like not having to explain that my baby is at home, and I really don't like feeling awkward as I try to decide whether to tell them the full CHD story, the watered-down version, or perhaps just that he's with a 'sitter. I like myself as a mom of two little boys, and I like it when they are with me--crazy or not.

This picture shows their personalities so well. The person standing behind me in the returns line was making faces trying to get the boys to smile. Talmage was skeptical and not impressed. He's a sweet little boy when he wants to be, but he is definitely not a pleaser. He's not going to smile just because you've asked him to, and he doesn't care if you dance or sing or make faces. Everett, on the other hand, would smile at a card board box if it asked him to! Such a flirt. I love learning more about these two and seeing their personalities shine.

2 comments:

  1. So fun to see them both in the cart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading through all of your updates! I think Lucy is going to be like Talmage in the fact that she might be more picky with who/what she smiles at. I totally act like a fool trying to get that girl to laugh and smile and sometimes I'll just get a blank "you're crazy" stare. Haha. Funny how early personalities can come out! Evie's constant smiles are SO adorable! You all looked so great in your Easter outfits and I feel like you should have given more details about that birthday party. :) ha. P.S. thank you for the sleeping advice!! I owe you another email. Soon!

    ReplyDelete