Friday, April 27, 2012

We bleed blue...with a strong hint of Cardinal

We were excited and a little nervous when we learned BYU baseball was coming to the Sunken Diamond to take on Stanford. Excited because we LOVE BYU. Nervous because we LOVE Stanford. Who would be cheer for? What would we do?

Talmage answered that question for us. He decided it would be a good idea to wear his BYU shirt and his Stanford hat. That kid is a genius I tell ya. Who wants to cheer for just one team when you can cheer for two?  

Although to tell you the truth, Talmage didn't really cheer for either. He spent the whole evening rolling down the hill, bowling over other children (and being a makeshift pin at times too). He had a blast, of course.

Everett hung close to me (which isn't hard to do since he still isn't moving at all) and I hung close to my honey...it was our anniversary!

The first 7 innings were pretty slow (for BYU at least, Stanford was up by like a million runs) and I passed the time taking pictures of Evie. I don't think I have ever known anyone in my life that smiles as much as this kid. He really is such a joy to be around. And him falling asleep on my shoulder at the end of the game was just the icing on the cake. 

We almost left after the 7th inning stretch, but we are sure glad we didn't because BYU came back with full force in the 8th. They seriously had 7 runs in a row. It was awesome...and we found ourselves cheering like mad for our beloved Cougs. They still ended up losing by one sad little run, but it was an awesome game. And thanks to T's awesome advice, we were still winners!

No comments:

Post a Comment