Saturday, March 16, 2013

And this is why I don't gamble...

James and I went out on such a fun date on the night of Talmage's birthday party. As if we hadn't had enough crazy games for the day, we decided to walk around the Great Mall in Milpitas and ended up getting a $10 power card at Dave and Busters (basically a grown-up Chuck E Cheese) to play ski ball and basketball. I saw Wheel of Fortune and thought it looked like a fun game--especially since we had been ridiculously unsuccessful at ski ball!  

Turns out I had the magic touch and spun a 200 (the highest spin which was a little sliver on the wheel). I was pressing buttons and had no idea what I was doing when all of a sudden the machine says, "BIG WINNER! 800 POINTS!" and starts shooting out tickets that cover the floor. I was shocked and so excited, and of course got on my hands and knees to pick up my hard-earned loot!!!
 
This is where the "I know I'd be an awful gambler" part comes in. Have you ever won something? It's awesome! Like, I want to do that all night kind of awesome! I'm pretty sure if James hadn't been there with me I might have put another $10 on my power card and lost, I mean, played some more games. I'm a little obsessive like that.

As it was, we cashed out our tickets for Dave and Buster's cups (I have a total cup fetish) and replayed that story and the looks on our faces about 100 times as we finished walking the mall. It was so fun, and we felt so young and cool ;)
 
Thanks Papa and GG for watching the kids!

1 comment:

  1. This post made me laugh because I posted one just like it a few years back! Check it out: http://justinandashleigh.blogspot.com/2011/07/best-date-night-ever.html
    Agreed. One of the funnest date nights ever!!

    ReplyDelete