Sunday, March 17, 2013

They Are Sick. Again. Still.

Everett has pneumonia and an ear infection.
Talmage has a double ear infection and a cough.
 
They have both been sick (on and off...but mostly on) since New Year's.
They are both on antibiotics, and we're hoping for some improvement. Soon.
 
Evie got sick during the week. T chose the weekend.
Evie went to our normal doctor. I took Talmage to Urgent Care.
Talmage was in rare form--screaming and crying in pain SO LOUDLY that I literally couldn't hear the doctor's instructions. I told him I'd buy him whatever he wanted if he would just calm down. He did (with the help of some strong meds) and we walked out of CVS with a box of Pop Tarts.
 
Today is Sunday.
And we are home sick from church for like the ump-teenth time this year.
Next year, I think we might lock Everett up in the house all winter long. His poor little immune system just can't handle germs, and although we are so grateful we've dodged a hospital stay this flu season (so far), it's not been pretty.
 
This is basically what Everett looks like all day long lately:
 
Except for when he's outside of the house and he acts like he always smiles and flirts ;) He also follows me around, sobbing, "Hold you! Hold you!" 
 
And here is Talmage, munching his Pop Tart:
 
We've really had a rough, rough winter around these parts.
Come on Spring, how about some health?

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! Madeleine and I are also home from church. We're off to the doctors in the morning. Come on, Spring! But, I thought living in beautiful, breezy California kept you away from all this sickness! It doesn't seem right. Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete