Saturday, March 30, 2013

Santa Cruz

We left my parent's house on Wednesday, and two days later we all met up in Santa Cruz for a day at the Boardwalk and on the beach. The weather was unbelievable and we had a blast. Talmage got to ride a ton of rides (thanks to too-nice grandparents) and I came home with a much-needed starter tan. Santa Cruz is only a 45 minute drive from our house and we really need to go more often!
 
The boys were enamored by the log ride. Neither wanted to go on it (heck, Evie wouldn't go on anything) but they loved to watch it.

Me and me Pops!
 
Talmage felt totally big going on rides all by myself. He'd ask for tickets and then go wait in line and get on the ride alone. It's madness I tell you. He's 4 going on 14. My mom had one word for me: beware! I think we were both getting a little nervous looking at my future ;)

Pepa and his little buddy. Pepa is in serious love with Evie because unlike the other grandkids, Everett thinks everything belongs to Pepa instead of Mema (while T always says it's Mema's van, Evie calls it Pepa Van, Pepa House, Pepa Chair, etc). It really is adorable!

I had a gift card to Gap and wanted to get the boys Easter clothes...instead I walked out with two superhero shirts and a new pair of sunglasses that T couldn't live without! I figure they'll get more use out of the shirts anyway...and holy hannah aren't those glasses cute?

T was loving the beach. It's obviously way different than LA beaches, but it was good to be near the water again.

Me and Jimmy got to ride the Pirate Ride all by ourselves while my parents watched the kids. Have you ever rode the pirate ship? It's my favorite--endless tummy drops without the neck-breaking turns of old rollercoasters.

Mema and Pepa enjoying the weather on the beach.

Last time we were at the beach Everett couldn't even walk...this time he was running from the waves and making sand castles. It's amazing what a few months can do.

Talmage begged Pepa to ride the ferris wheel with him. He was a little nervous as they were going around, but he felt like a pretty big deal when the ride was over!

We got a picture of all of us by the Boardwalk sign before we decided to head home.

This is my new favorite picture! Sweet Everett was so tired and fell asleep in Mema's arms--lucky Mema! I love seeing them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment