Saturday, March 30, 2013

Egg Roll at the Provost's

I thought that the Egg Roll at the Provost's Mansion might be rained out, but luckily Mother Nature waited until after the event to welcome the rain.  
 
When we walked in we were immediately met by the Easter Bunny (who my boss told me is actually a 2nd year law student in disguise!) Talmage took a picture with her because she promised candy (we need to work on stranger danger apparently!) but Everett screamed an ugly bitter scream everytime she so much as looked in his direction.

Everett was clawing my arm so hard in this picture! Poor kid, he really doesn't like characters!

The brunch was delicious, and the house was beautiful (and so was my Mom!) We ate and chatted and watched Talmage find way more eggs than he should have!

Everett didn't really care about the eggs, he just cared about CANDY! That kid consumed his body weight worth of sugar today!

Talmage got a Spiderman blaster painted on his arm.
 
And then proceeded to blast people for the rest of the morning!

The mansion reminded us of an estate we'd see in England. It was really lovely.

The four of us!

After the awesome arm-paint, Talmage decided he wanted a Spiderman face painting. I think I was more nervous than he was (I was afraid he would freak out when she started painting) but he sat really still and was very mature about the whole thing. And he loved it. Mostly!

Scary Spiderman!
 
I told T to make a Scary Superhero face and this is what we got...quite possible the best picture of him I've ever seen! Love that kid!

2 comments:

  1. Just had so much fun reading all of your latest posts. I am so grateful that you are such a great "documentor of events" (that's my own home-made title just in case you were wondering!) Anyhow, loved every second and more! I love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel and I saw Talmage Saturday afternoon and both of us thought he had a black eye and bruises everywhere until he told us about his face painting.

    ReplyDelete