Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Actual Day

Talmage: Mom, what day is my birthday?
Me: Your birthday is on Monday.
T: WHAT? My birthday's on cleaning day???
 
That kid knows our schedule so well, and was genuinely sad/disgusted to know that his birthday was supposed to share a day with bleach. So in honor of him we did absolutely NO cleaning this last Monday. We actually played his favorite game "Big Mess" a few times--you can just imagine what that looks like! It was a great day and I'm still trying to get used to telling people I have a four-year-old.
 
Daddy made Talmage his favorite butterscotch Mickey Mouse pancakes for breakfast before he left for school. They are so good--he's the best breakfast maker!

After breakfast T got to open his present from us--a set of Cars (shocker!) The sweet boy loved them and all day would say, "Mommy, thank you for giving me the best present ever!" I knew he'd love them and it made me so happy!

Then it was off to the duck pond with our 5 million end pieces from our bread loaves. The ducks loved them and T had so much fun (he's much braver than I am with animals).

We walked all the way around the duck pond while watching airplanes take off and land, naming the ducks and pointing out every color in sight. We even saw a tractor--so cool!

Then it was off to the park. Because we have a park in our backyard, I don't usually take the boys to other parks, so it's always a treat when we get to go! Talmage is now testing out the monkey bars, and I'm sure he'll master them in no time!

When I asked Talmage what he wanted for his birthday dinner he didn't hesitate at all -- the cafeteria! I don't blame the kid; the food is good and there is lots of soft serve ice cream for dessert. We all enjoyed ourselves, but maybe we're not the most proper eaters!

These boys are looking way too big in our stroller! Happy birthday Talmage Scott--glad we could celebrate all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment