Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A visit from Jord and Mad

Jordan, Madelyne and baby Wucy visited us in NYC last week and we had a fantastic time showing them around. My brother had never been here before and it's always fun to have fresh eyes view the city. Per usual, I packed a trillion activities into the four days they were here and they may have been worn out but they definitely didn't miss out on anything this glorious place has to offer! We went to the MET and the AMNH, we spent a full day in Brooklyn and then walked the Bridge, we rode the Staten Island Ferry and saw Lady Liberty, we walked through Wall Street, we ate at Katz Deli, we lunched in Chinatown and played in Central Park--the list is endless and it leaves me feeling so happy. This place is so much fun and I love playing tour guide! (Hostess is another story, sorry about the tight living quarters and my lack of cooking skills you two!)

We started our time together with a rooftop Favorite Things GNO hosted by a friend who has this view from her building's deck. Um, ok, is that real life right there? I couldn't have asked for a better night with fun new finds, delicious food, and friends who treated Mad like a bestie. They all raved later that I won the sister-in-law lotto and I totally agree!

One more shot from the top just because I seriously can't get over how amazing it is! My location rocks but this view takes the cake.


This view the next morning wasn't too bad either, right? The heat and humidity were out of control so I planned a morning at the pop-up pool at the base of the Brooklyn Bridge to cool us off. OF COURSE though we get there and it's almost cold outside! That didn't stop us. Cool weather meant no lines and that is worth it's weight in gold in this city.

Uncle Jordan and Aunt Maddie went in the water with the kids while I stayed out with the babies. I for sure had the easier and warmer job but gosh I wanted them all to have the memory of swimming together at the base of the Brooklyn Bridge!

Have I mentioned before that I just can't get enough of this baby girl? I know I'm projecting but I really think Quinn is going to be so much fun when she grows up! She smiles and likes to play and be crazy and laugh and just this morning T turned on some music and she started bouncing up and down. I loved the cheesy smiles she was giving T at the pop-up pool's sand pit!

Lucy wins in the baby rolls department. Talmage loved her chubby cheeks and kept saying, "Lucy should get a medal because she wins as the chubbiest baby. She's such a cute little chubber!" Our string bean Quinny doesn't have a roll to her name so we were all loving on those chunks!

I pretty much have this EXACT same picture from two years ago and they were paying as much attention to me this time as they were last time.

Grimaldi's pizza to-go and eaten by Jane's Carousel. It was way less stressful than eating inside with all four kids (and two big strollers) but I still love eating my pizza it in that tiny little place.

 
Tickets for everyone to ride the carousel, please and thank you! {Quinny too, she must have been sitting court-side in the Uppa for this picture!}

Quinn's first ride on Jane's was when she was just a few weeks old. I blinked and she's sitting on her very own horse and laughing as it moves up and down. The time, the time, how quickly moves the time.

Uncle Jordan with his nephews. People kept coming up to me at church to tell me that Talmage looks just like Jordan, which I found hilarious since I'm convinced he's 100% Wigginton! Not that I mind though, isn't my brother a stud?

The glass house and my babies, back to camera for dramatic effect.

I mean, really? Tell me that you would have just walked right by this scene and not taken a picture and I won't believe you. Someday I'll have an extra bedroom for company but for now peeping on my visitors in the early morning with Quinn makes my heart feel happy. These walls love to be filled to the brim.


We met James for dim-sum in Chinatown. We had dumplings and tofu and fried rice and chicken feet. Yes! We ordered chicken feet and made them try it--the general consensus was Ew!


And then we got bubble drinks that were blow-your-mind good. I drank one of those every darn day of my mission and I swear they just never get old. Passionfruit with boba for me, every time.

We had to sneak in one last visit to FAO before they close their doors this week. I'm super sad to say goodbye to a landmark like this one, for a girl who likes change as much as I do things like this make me feel super sappy.


Jord and Mad were looking too cute eating their hot dogs at Gray's so I had to sneak a little picture through the window.

Date night silly selfie shenanigans were happening in the lobby of my building. I love those big mirrors and have so many selfie successes logged at their hands (should I be admitting that?!) It was so fun to go out on a double with these special friends, wish we could make it a regular sort of thing.


Pastrami on rye with a sour pickle at Katz Deli and Rice to Riches pudding for dessert. The only thing that could've made this night better were if the Tat's, littlest and biggest McKee's were here to share it with us. Can't family reunions happen every day?

Times Square by night where Jordan was surprised with how little the NYE ball is and also had a near-miss with the naked cowgirl (a thong, a cowboy hat and body paint--how is that even legal?) He didn't see her and luckily I turned everyone in a different direction as soon as I spied her. Yeah, so Times Square isn't really our thing these days but it's still fun to see all the lights and feel the energy in that part of town.

As I shut the door after saying goodbye I heard muffled sobs from the couch. I came around the corner to find both boys crying and saying, "I'm going to miss them so much, I don't want them to leave!" Saying goodbye is so hard, especially when it's to someone as awesome as them. Thanks for coming J&M, we love your guts!

**We also went to One World Observatory with them. I have some pictures on my camera and as soon as I download them onto my computer I'll post them. The views were breathtaking and the experience was emotional and magnificent. It's a must-do!

No comments:

Post a Comment