Sunday, July 12, 2015

Motab @ Carnegie Hall

When we first found out that the Mormon Tabernacle Choir would be performing a concert at Carnegie Hall James told me he absolutely did not want tickets. "Why pay to watch something I can see for free in Utah?" he said. So, I didn't buy the tickets in my shopping cart online. Now fast forward nearly six months to the week of the concert when the MoTab buzz is strong in our circle of friends and James said, "I really wish we could go see MoTab, do you think we can get tickets?" I resisted the urge to scream and reminded him what he had told me and we both let out a bummed sigh. And then the Ensign-worthy miracle happened! The day of the concert I got a text from a good friend who is currently calling Texas home saying that her Dad sings in the choir and had free tickets to that night's show. What, what! I quickly secured a sitter and I quickly told James the good news and we quickly ran over to one of the greatest concert halls in the world to see our people perform.

If I felt like I was a part of history that night it's probably because I was. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir has only performed in New York City eight times and the last time they sang in Carnegie Hall was nearly 40 years ago. Who knows when they'll be here next or if they ever will sing here again. They sang beautifully and I especially loved when they sang the pioneer hymn, All is Well. MoTab can do no wrong but they certainly shine when singing the hymns of Zion.

Dark pictures of us with that beautiful choir in the background. Our luck in being present at this concert was not lost on us. We are truly blessed. Thanks Diana for having such a great dad with a great voice (oh yeah, and for thinking about us when he offered the tickets!)

No comments:

Post a Comment