Thursday, July 16, 2015

Our Fourth

I always have holidays planned to the max. Shoot, I always have weekends and weekdays and pretty much every day planned full as can be. So on the night before the fourth of July when we still had not even one plan for our country's birthday I just couldn't figure out what my problem was. I was having a serious stupor and went to bed feeling awfully blah about everything. On the morning of the 4th James woke me up at 6 am saying, "Remember how we didn't have any plans? I think I know why!" He had received a text from our good friend's saying that the wife was in labor and asking if we could watch their other two children until the new baby came. I immediately knew that Heavenly Father wanted our day to be free so we could help our friends and I was so grateful to know that He has a plan for us--even when it means having nothing to do on a celebratory day. To be honest inspiration and revelation have not been super vivid in our lives lately so this moment, this seemingly simple and insignificant moment, it really fed my faith that He is aware of me and our family and that we're going to be OK. We spent the morning eating donuts and playing with the drone at the park and then we headed to our friends house. The baby was born at 11 pm on the fourth of July so I stayed the night at their house while James was at our house with the brood. There were no fireworks for us this year, but there was a spark in my soul that meant so much more.

A few pictures of our morning in the park:









At some point Everett asked to take pictures and I'm pretty sure I'm just going to give him the camera from now on because that kids artistic eye is spot on! These are a few of my favorites from when he was behind the lens:







No comments:

Post a Comment