Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Chase and Meghan in the Big City!

Our goals for today are twofold: One, do nothing, and two, relax. Let's just say we're rocking our to-do list! Last night we said goodbye to our final NYC visitors, Chase and Meghan, and even though we have bucket list items yet to accomplish and we should probably start packing for our move next week we are all still in jammies enjoying a day with absolutely nothing to do after a week of go-go-go (the only way I know how to play). The boys are currently playing Talking ABC on the ipad, Quinny is sleeping off a sicky tummy in her crib, and updating my blog sounds like a sensible (and enjoyable) use of my time!

Meghan had never been to NYC so I planned an itinerary chalk-full of fun so that she could leave having truly experienced everything this amazing city has to offer. I love this place so much it hurts and sharing it with people is so much fun. I may have to leave this city before I'm really ready, but no doubt it will never truly leave my heart. {sappy, sappy} One thing's definitely for sure, I will not leave here with any regrets of not experiencing it to the fullest--we Wig's have lived out our NYC days like a dream (minus the Winter, let's just block Winter from our memory please!)

Anyway, here are some pictures of all the fun we had--beware of a lengthy photo-diary and kinda no text--the brain power involved in summarizing these pictures would definitely go against today's goals! Love you Chase and Meghan, thanks for the visit!


 Prosperity Dumplings were amazing! Get the pancake, you won't regret it.


 She was looking lovelier on this day than I can ever remember. Blue sky, puffy clouds, and our Lady.



 A widdo baby wif a BIG painting!



 Far Rockaway for the win!!! We've always gone to Jones Beach but Subway accessibility made this one a much cheaper and equally awesome option.



 Snickers cones at the beach-side Bodega

 DATE NIGHT!!!


 James and I finally made the Kiss Cam in Times Square after an embarrassingly large number of tries.


 Quinny enjoying Grimaldi.



 The sky, those buildings and the Intrepid planes made for a beautiful sight. A cityscape is my favorite landscape.


 Uncle Chase and T went on the flippy, crazy ride and even though I feared that he'd barf, or hate it, or die, he came off screaming about how it was the funnest thing he's ever done and how he's so glad he did it. I was the happiest, proudest Mom in that moment and grateful for Uncle Chase who did it with him (so I didn't have to)!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I loooove your jeans in your Date night picture! Where did you get those?! I need someone with style to come and dress me everyday :) You are such a babe! So exciting about James getting new awesome job. So cool. Hey, in LA you are only 6 hours away from me my friend! Come visit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jeans are from h&m, just got them and I'm in love! Only six hours? You better believe we'll be stopping by!!!

      Delete