Friday, July 17, 2015

One World Trade

While Jordan and Madelyne were here we all went to the top of the Freedom Tower, and I've got the overpriced (and greatly loved) picture to prove it. Have you ever wondered who gets suckered into buying those pictures? Me! And don't worry, I actually went out of my way to get this whole gang in front of the green screen because I wanted this picture so much. What can I say? It's a hard-knock life trying to get everyone behind my camera so you do what you gotta do! Gosh, that cheesy picture makes me happy.

What also made me happy was going to the top of this beautiful building. The Observatory just opened a month ago and I've been counting down the days for J&M's visit so that we could all enjoy this moment together--and enjoy it I did, big time! From the elevator ride (where they project the view from the floor you're currently on on the elevator walls) to the short NYC video at the top which unveiled the city view, to the 360 degree views themselves, this experience was emotional and beautiful and so worth every last dollar it cost. I could have stayed on top all day long but the 75 minutes we were up there were some of the most breathtaking NY moments of my life. If you're coming to NYC, this is a must-do.

I snapped some pictures from the top. They can't do the views justice in the slightest, but hopefully when the boys, Quinny and I look at these in years to come we'll remember how great this day was.

















We love you NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment